There are three ways you can do network updates currently. But, all of them require that you put setup files on the flash card in the brightsign before you can actually publish updates to them. You can't install them, and then do the setup files after the fact. Also, each unit will require an sd card.
1. You can setup a unit into the BrightSign network
2. You can setup a unit to connect to a folder on a webserver and get updates published to that folder.
3. Using BrightAuthor 2.3 beta, you can setup a BrightSign so BrightAuthor can publish to it directly.
1. BrightSign Network, Hosted Service - You can setup the unit to connect to our hosted service, to a brightsign network manager account. We can setup a 30-day trial account. Please watch the BrightSign network videos in the tutorial section at www.brightsign.bizhttp://support.brightsign.biz/entries/1 ... gn-network
More details about how exactly Brightsign Network Setup works:http://support.brightsign.biz/entries/1 ... work-setup
2. Simple Networking ( Web servers) - Use any web server to update BrightSigns remotely. For step by step directions on using Simple Networking:http://support.brightsign.biz/entries/2 ... -and-usage
3. Local Networking (BrightAuthor 2.3)
Publish directly to the BrightSign using BrightAuthor. See video below for details.https://www.brightsignnetwork.com/downl ... ublish.zip