Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

rstegner
Topic Author

RSS and Time

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:52 pm

I have recently upgraded my firmware and Bright Author. We are now on the latest and greatest of both. However now when I put the clock on the screen it reads 88:88 and none of the RSS feeds will show!

Any suggestions

RokuLyndon

Re: RSS and Time

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:12 am

were they working before?

It sounds like you're not on the network or internet. That's the only reason the tiime would be all 8s and the rss blank, no internet connectivity.

rstegner
Topic Author

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:53 am

The device is on the network/internet, We are able to access it to update it. I worked up until right before Christmas and now it won't update anymore

RokuLyndon

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:22 am

I would double check that UDP port 1 23 hasn't been closed.

If you power off the unit and on again, same behavior? can you test a different rss feed?

rstegner
Topic Author

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:41 am

We have restarted the device several times, I double checked the UDP Port and it is open, I have tried, Foxnews, The Weather Channel, and MSNBC RSS Feeds, none seem to work and the clock is still at 88:88. I know the ports are open and the feeds work becuase I have second Brightsign that I haven't upgraded yet and it seems to work just fine. I know it has internet becuase I can get to it to publish updates through the local network.

RokuLyndon

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:08 pm

Are you doing updates using the local file networking? Are both units manually assigned ip addresses?

rstegner
Topic Author

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:29 pm

We are moving to updates by Local Networking. the one that works is still on an old Firmware and updated with Simple File Networking, The one were having problems with is updated to the latest firmware and is assigned a static IP and updated thorugh Local File Network. The unit that no longer is updating quit updating before we did the Firmware updates.

rstegner
Topic Author

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:00 pm

Still no Luck!

RokuLyndon

Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:43 pm

if there isn't already an open ticket for this, please send me the details at support at brightsign.biz.