Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

coly
Topic Author

Nesting Playlists

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:27 pm

Hey there,

I was wondering if there is a solution to what I am trying to achieve. So here's what I'm trying to do: I want to nest playlists. For example: I create a playlist ("playlist 1") that contains 5 video clips each 2 minutes long. After that I create another playlist ("playlist 2") with 3 still images and 1 video file in it. Now I'd like to schedule my playlists so that "playlist 1" is interrupted by "playlist 2", so that after a defined time periode "playlist 1" stops playling (preferable after the current video clip has finished), then "playlist 2" starts playling (either again for a defined time periode or till all elements have been shown/played) and afterwards "playlist 1" starts where it has been interruped before. Is that posssible within BrightSign or is there a workaround?

Thanks!

RokuLyndon

Re: Nesting Playlists

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:38 pm

You can't do this with brightauthor, but you could with a custom script. We're looking a this ability for BrightSign network scheduling but it's not available yet.

wlabus

Re: Nesting Playlists

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Sure would like to see that also. 1 zone to multi zones and back to 1 zone and so on. Any idea when this might be possible?