Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

doviet
Topic Author

BS runtime error for basic presentation

Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:43 am

Hello,

I would like to make link-zones in a presentation. I did it, by linking some "Live Text" to some images (using BrightAuthor 2.3.0.71).
But in recent days, it doesn't work anymore, the BS devices (HD210 and HD1010) say that there is a "Script run time error" while loading "/storage/sd/autorun.brs".
I don't understand why the scripts generated by BrightAuthor can NOT work for the BrightSign.

Now I just try to make a presentation with a simple image playlist (3 images, non-interative), but it still doesn't work, the red light (error) is still flashing when I reboot the BS device.

What kind of problem is it, can you help me to figure it out?

Thank you so much!

RokuLyndon

Re: BS runtime error for basic presentation

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:32 am

It's hard to say without know what firmware you have, which autorun version, and what line the script says is erroring out. If a new project, with new content, on a new card fails, then we should firmware reinstall the firmware on the player.

Can you zipup and send support a simple published project that fails for you that we can test?

doviet
Topic Author

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Hello RokuLyndon, here is my example of simple link zones: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20899992/Test%2 ... 0Zones.zip
The firmware version is 3.7.44.
Now I don't know in what line the error is.
I just have:
[   43.920] Loading '/storage/sd/autorun.brs' (b6bced5ec1ab4ed773d9e89ee3ebe59817d68e3c)
[   82.540] Script run time error. Press GPIO12 to debug.

When I press the GPIO12 button, nothing happens (no change in the log, nothing on the screen).

Thank you for your support!

RokuLyndon

Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:10 pm

I tested your files on an hd1010 running 3.7.44 and it ran with no errors...

Can you verify that your SD card isn't locked? There's a copy that's done at startup, and if your sd card is locked the copy would fail, and that could be your problem. Also make sure it's not formatted ntfs...

doviet
Topic Author

Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:15 am

Thank you RokuLyndon,

It's weird, some presentations work but some others don't, for our devices (HD210w and HD1010).
Yes I'm aware that there is a copy of files at startup, because I also use the Simple Network mode (so all files should be downloaded in the SD card to be displayed and some log folders are created by the BS device).
The SD card is formatted "vfat" (I verified it under Linux), is it ok? And as I said, some old presentations work, only the new ones (those I created with BrightAuthor 2.3.0.71 and 2.3.0.73) don't work.

Does the BS device have the configurations (in its own memory) that can be updated while running my files?

Thank you for your precious help!

RokuLyndon

Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:08 pm

If you could capture the serial output from the unit when it fails, you can hit the gpio12 button on the side of the 1010, and it will output serial debug information , if the red error light is flashing 10 times. Did you format the card vfat? Normally, the cards are formatted fat 32.

RokuLyndon

Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Most configuration settings are are set by the presentation.

doviet
Topic Author

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:18 am

Dear Lyndon,

I'm now able to make my presentations working.
Thank you very much for your kindly support!

RokuLyndon

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:48 pm

what was the problem?

doviet
Topic Author

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:24 am

Sorry, I still don't know what was the problem.
I just used an older version of BrightAuthor (2.0.0.44) to generate the autoplay.xml that I needed, then I adapted it to my files, then it worked.
So the problem is not resolved for me, with BrightAuthor 2.3.0.71 and 2.3.0.73.

Tell me if you need any other information.

Thank you!