Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

coly
Topic Author

Multiple video-lists

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:09 am

Is it possible to create more than one video list, so that one could be in shuffle-mode, while others are not?

RokuLyndon

Re: Multiple video-lists

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Yes, the media lists are like files themselves. So, you can have as many of them as you want. Starting with the 2.4 beta, media lists can be used like playlists where the files in the list will automatically go from one file to another, if you want them to.

coly
Topic Author

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:28 am

Thanks Lyndon,

I've just got a 210 yesterday, and since then I'm trying to do something like this:

1. Every full hour Videolist 1 should start playing till all elements have been played
2. Every half hour Videolist 2 should start playing till all elements have been played
3. After Videolist 1 has played every element once (for example after 24 minutes and 32 seconds), Videolist 3 should start playing an looping till Videolist 2 starts playling at the half hour.
4. After Videolist 2 has played every element once. Videolist 4 should start playing an looping till Videolist 1 starts playing at the full hour.

I can create timeout events in an interactive playlist, so that after a specific period of time it switches from videolist 1 to videolist 2, but that's not quite what I want. Anybody got an idea?

RokuLyndon

Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:37 pm

There isn't an easy way to do this currently. Scheduling currently is done by project. So, you can build a videolist 1 project and a video list 2 project. You can manually schedule them to play at the top of the hour or bottom. And, then inside each project, you can attach videolist3 to play when the main playlist is done.

The other way to do it would be to write a custom script. Then, you could setup your own timers, to determine when to play files.

coly
Topic Author

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:29 am

hi,

I did that and the scheduling works fine. The only thing I don't understand is that the videolist just plays one video from the videolist.

I now have a "Videolist1" with "Video1", "VIdeo2" and "Video3".
And I have a "Videolist2" with "VideoA", "VIdeoB" and "VideoC".

I made an interactive in which I've got videolist1 as my start object and then I put a end-event to videolist 2 (which is in random mode).

What happens is that it plays only video1 from videolist1 and after that it plays one of the videos from videolist2.

I thought it would play all 3 videos from videolist1 and once all of them played all 2 videos from videolist2 would loop in a random order.

RokuLyndon

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:50 pm

In brightauthor 2.4, you can have all items in the video list play. There's a check box you would set in brightauthor to enable ths automatic playback of the rest of the list.

coly
Topic Author

Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:03 pm

I just realized that you already wrote that in your first post. Sorry, I didn't realized that I wasn't using brightauthor 2.4. Problem solved, thanks a lot for your help!