Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

nzotis
Topic Author

Serial how to ?

Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi
Im rather new to this , but your help would be most wellcome

I have a number of the HD1010 boxes and i was wanting to be able to turn sony fx30 projectors simply on and off
have looked at the video how to guids ands verious other shearches but have yet to be able to figure this out

Could some one please figure this out with me ?

Otis

RokuLyndon

Re: Serial how to ?

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:33 pm

There's a video on our website called controls that talks about this a little. SEnding serial is one of the advanced commands. I'm attaching a video that talks about serial both sending and receiving, and another that talks about the advanced commands.

Are you doing the on and off on command, or on a schedule?

https://www.brightsignnetwork.com/downl ... ands-1.m4v
https://www.brightsignnetwork.com/downl ... rial-1.mp4

nzotis
Topic Author

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Hello
That has made it a little clearer ,thank you
I was wanting to do this on the Schedule,
I think what im looking for now is maybe an example string of how it would be done
as i am only wanting to turn the projector on and then of again at scheduled times

RokuLyndon

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:16 am

I don't think I understand. To do this on a schedule, you would create a project that had one image in it, for example. The playlist would be set to interactive. You could then open the image, click on advanced, then add command, then add the serial command you need. I believe this is all in the video.

You'll need t make sure your brightauthor project is set to the correct serial port speed, under the file menu, properties, interactive.

The serial command you use depends on whether your display is expecting just bytes sent, or if it's expecting the string terminated with a carriage return.