Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Link
Topic Author

Custom boot logo..... where's the script?

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:14 pm

I am wanting to load a custom boot logo into A HD810.

I have looked through a stack of post in this forum, some of which state that it is possible and mention a custom script to do the job.
Well, I can't find the script anywhere. Can someone point it out to me?

To make it worse, I have found so many holes in the brightscript documents and so I would not have a chance of writing a script as there are NO details in the documents referring to the registry in any detail.

Brightsign, can you confirm there will be some updated documents soon? You keep bringing in new features that are only available in BA, and are not documented for those of us who write scripts.

RokuLyndon

Re: Custom boot logo..... where's the script?

Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:33 pm

The custom loading of scripts or images was never documented. That was intentional because of the potential to cause problems by overwriting the boot script. So, it's unlikley that will change, but I'll add a link to the boot logo information here.

I believe the object reference guide is current with 3.7 firmware, but I'll double check. It is being updated to be current with 3.8 firmware in time when that goes final.

Is there something specific you're looking for that you couldn't find in documentation?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3480052/Scripts ... _Image.zip

Link
Topic Author

Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Thanks for the script. Is there a limit on the size of the BMP file that can be loaded? Also, what is the process for reverting back to a blank screen?

With regards to specific bits of documentation, the detail around the registry is quite minimal. Also, I understand the unit will support playback of powerpoint files but I can't see where this is documented.
There is also audio fading and storage hotplug.........

Also, with regards to scripting, how can I protect a custom script (written for a client to use in a particular application) from being freely copied and used by others? This is why I would like to understand loading of custom scipts into eeprom so that they become part of the unit and not easily 'duplicated' by the client. There is no details on how this all works.

RokuLyndon

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:47 pm

The 3.8 beta documentation isn't ready yet, so any of the features mentioned in that release aren't complete. We normally recommend an 8 bit image, but the size can be up to the size of the resolution you're using.

We don't support powerpoint playback. You can export to video if you have powerpoint 2010, or export to images for playback. No directly playback is supported.

This explains how to lead a script into memory. It' never been part of the documentation, and probably still won't be.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3480052/Scripts ... _Flash.zip