Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

hhh
Topic Author

Images overlay

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:07 am

I'Ve tried a couple of things but I can't figure out how to make a proper overlay. I created a png with some transparent areas, in which a video and a image area shoul appear. So I created another image area on top of the two other areas. It works for a view seconds but when the images from my image-area are loaded, my overlay image moves behind those images. Same thing with the video in the video area.

Another thing I don't understand, ist that there between the images I have in my image playlist (an interactive playlist with images that change after some time), it takes some time for each image to show up. So theres a pause between each image, is there a solution to this?

RokuLyndon

Re: Images overlay

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:21 am

Images have slower load times than videos, and the bigger an image is, and the more scaling needs to be done, the slower it loads. To speed up images, you can make them fit the space they're being displayed in so no scaling. bitmaps load the fastest. If they aren't high quality imagses, use an 8-bit bitmap.

Otherwise, I would recommend converting all of the images to videos since those load much faster.

You can't overlay one image on top of another image zone with the current firmware. That capability is possible in firmware beta 3.8, but it's not rolled into brightauthor yet. You can overlay images over video, or if you're using a background image zone, and have no videos in your project, you can over images on top of a background image zone, but that's it currently.

hhh
Topic Author

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:06 am

Npw, I created my image files in the correct resolution, but the problem is still the same. I told each image to fade to the next image, but now it looks like this: first image -> black screen -> the first image appears again fades to the second image -> black screen -> second image appears again and fades to the third image and so on. It doesn't look very smooth.

Another thing that I couldn't find information about is: What's the difference between a imagelist and a image-play-file?

RokuLyndon

Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:59 am

Looks like there might be a bug with the fade function....

I believe the imagelist is covered in the user guide.

The imageplayfile is a new function in brightauthor 2.4. I have a faq I'll add this weekend. Let's say you want to be able to send a simple command that will always play x file, let's say using the file's name. you can create a list of files, with a string for each file, so that any time you send the appropriate string, that file plays. Yoou can import this list from a csv file as well.

Creating and Importing a Table for a Play File State
Play File Tables can be made in either Notepad or Excel and imported directly into BrightAuthor. Remember, Play Files can only include files of the same type (videos, images, or audio). Do not include a combination of different file types in your table. Follow these steps for creating and importing a table:

Notepad
1) Open Notepad
2) For every file that you want to add to your Play File list, type the following information:
"key,FilePath,FileName,VideoDisplayMode"
Include no spaces before or after the commas. By default, the Video Display Mode is 2D. Therefore, if you want to use a 2D video, omit this parameter and type only the key, file path, and file name. Alternatively, specify a different display mode if necessary. For images or audio, type the following information:
“key,FilePath,FileName”
3) Each file must be on its own line. Separate each file with a single return
4) When all files are entered, save the file in Notepad as a .csv by appending ".csv" to the desired filename
5) In BrightAuthor, double-click your Play File State thumbnail (or create a new one)
6) Click "Import Table" and browse to the .csv file that you created in the above steps
7) The Files section in BrightAuthor should now be populated with the items from your table

Examples:

2D video file: cars,C:\BrightSignContent,cars.mov

3D video file: sunset,C:\BrightSignContent,Sunset.mpg,3D side-by-side

Excel
1) Open Excel
2) In column A, type the keys for all of your files; one key per row
3) In column B, type the File Path of all your files; one File Path per row
4) In column C, type the File Name of all your files; one File Name per row
5) In column D, type the Video Display Mode if different than 2D; leave blank if 2D or specify a different mode if appropriate.
6) In Excel save the file as a *.csv (Comma Delimited)
7) Once the file is saved, close the file in Excel
8) In BrightAuthor, double-click your Play File State thumbnail (or create a new one)
9) Click "Import Table" and browse to the .csv file that you created in the above steps
10) The Files section in BrightAuthor should now be populated with the items from your table
If using 3D videos, type either “3D top-over-bottom" or "3D side-by-side" in column D.

hhh
Topic Author

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:31 am

I just realized that I got a similar issue with time and date zones. The appear after a view seconds they disappear for a moment and appear again. Is this also a problem with brightauthor 2.4 or am I doing something wrong?

RokuLyndon

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:36 am

THe issue is having those zones images/video zone. It shouldn't exist with 2.4...

hhh
Topic Author

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Strange... I am using 2.4. Using a video-only zone instead of images/video zone wouldn't be a problem in my case, so I guess I'll give it a try.