Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

maurodat
Topic Author

Error during server network connection update

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:08 am

Hi,
I have a problem with 'BrightSign HD1010' firmware v. 3.7.52. (Brigthauthor v.2.3.0.71)
I made a project with a Media RSS feed (video playlist).

Before publishing, in 'Unit Configuration Tab' I select “Networked with Simple File Networking”, and set “Connect to Server” to “Every 5 minutes”
In “Set Parameters” I set “Network Connection Frequency” to “5 minutes”.

So when brightsign plays video, after 5 minutes, rises an error (Error LED flash many times, after few minutes BrightSign reboots)
In IIS log I can see a 404 0 2 EVENT error.
If I set “Connect to Server” and “Network Connection Frequency” to 1 hour, after 1 hour the error will rise.
(same behaviour if I set other frequency update)

What’s wrong?
How can I enable log file on sd card?

Thanks in advance.
Mauro

RokuLyndon

Re: Error during server network connection update

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:18 pm

when you publish, you can enable diagnostic logging on that page. Ok, clearly some network function is causing the unit to crash, but the unit was able to go through setup and download a project without a problem.

maurodat
Topic Author

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:57 am

Hi,
i have flag in 'Logging':
-Enable Playback Logging
-Enable Event Logging
-Enable Diagnostic Logging

and 'Debuggin':
-Enable Serial Debugging
-Enable System Log Debuggig

before Publish a project, but no Log files are create on SD Card. Please tell me the correct step to enable Log and Debug files.

Ok, clearly some network function is causing the unit to crash, but the unit was able to go through setup and download a project without a problem.

After BrightSign HD1010 crash no Project can be restarted or downloaded... i must delete all files on SD Card and re-Publish the project.

RokuLyndon

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:27 pm

are you using setup files on the card initially, to download that first project?

maurodat
Topic Author

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:57 am

Ok, now if i paste and overwrite the files in the Config folder with the files on the SD Card no Error show during server network connection update.
I see the file current-sync.xml on SDcard is different from file in the Config folder...

RokuLyndon

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:11 pm

I don't understand.

Were you using files saved to the flash card for initial setup? If so, does that means there was a first download that worked fine? What do you mean by changing config files?