Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

sparkynobb
Topic Author

Long Pause between end of video and next image/video

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:52 am

Hello, I have been seeing a long pause, approx. about 10 seconds, between the end of a video and the next image or video in the presentation. What would cause this.

rethink

Re: Long Pause between end of video and next image/video

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:41 am

I would like to see if this has been resolved. I am running 3.7.52 on the player. The unit is playing a WMV video then an image and back again. WHen the video finishes there is 19 sec of black then the image shows up.

RokuLyndon

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:23 pm

This sounds like an encoding problem with the video, or possibly you're using an old wmv codec that we don't support. Can you send us a link to the video to test?

rethink

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Sure. I have made the movie with Windows Live Movie Maker with the latest updates. This link includes the video and image used just after it.
http://www.myrethink.com/share/brightsign/brightsign.zip

gulligan

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:39 pm

I have exactly the same problem with a Windows Live Movie Maker file and 3.7.52. My "home" image is a JPEG menu. I then wait on a GPIO and depending which one is presses, play one of two files (both files were made using Movie Maker). When the file is done playing, I go back home to the JPEG image. The freeze happens right at the end of the video file before the JPEG is displayed again. Freeze time is around 17 seconds. Project was compiled with BrightAuthor.

RokuLyndon

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:47 pm

ok, then maybe we've found a bug. If you can send me your file at support @ brightsign.biz, I'll take a look at it.

the42

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:44 am

was that an bug and are there any approaches to a solution?

I just detected this issue too. HD810, BA 2.3.0.71, FW 3.7.52

The Pause wasn't that long, but ~2Sek.

RokuLyndon

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:49 am

It's a bug currently with wmv playback. We haven't found a solution yet. The only workaround would be to use another codec, like h.264.