Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Chris Russell
Topic Author

Touchscreen submenu support

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:17 am

Hi
I'm from the Natural History Museum in London, and we are thinking of using Brightsign 1010 units to replace our existing video touchscreen controllers. I have a question - at the end of some of our video clips, the user is then offered a 'submenu' choice to find out further information, instead of going straight back to the menu page. Is this something that Bright author can support, or if not is it something you are thinking of implementing? It would be a really useful tool for ourselves, and no doubt many similar institutions.
Most of the screens we are replacing are running legacy 4:3 aspect ratio PAL SD clips.
Thanks.

RokuLyndon

Re: Touchscreen submenu support

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:02 pm

What do you mean by a submenu choice? If there's a menu at the end of the video, that would work. Or, if you want to go to an image menu at the end of the video, you can do that as well.

Chris Russell
Topic Author

Re: Touchscreen submenu support

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:12 am

Hi Lyndon. Thanks for the reply. At the end of of some of our video clips, we give users the option to select areas of the screen that will take them off into further layers of information, or to return to the start. The touch areas on these 'submenus' are usually in different parts of the screen than those of the main menu. My question is can we assign the touchscreen areas in different ways depending on the route the user takes, so that for example we may have an initial menu screen that offers 4 'rectangular' areas to play the first clips, then at the end of the chosen first clip, we assign different areas to be touchable to take the user down to an extra layer of content, or return to the home page? Hope this makes sense? Thanks.