Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

cdzbiz
Topic Author

programming GPIO's and HD1010w with expansion module

Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:56 pm

I am using an HD1010w and a ROKU-C-16 and the brightsign expansion module. I want to know if I can program multiple buttons to to trigger seperate audio and video files simultaneously to different outputs (video file plays from trigger 1while one or more audio files play from trigger 2 and 3 programmed to be bussed through the expansion module audio outputs). If possible, how do I accomplish this in Bright Author or do I need custom scripts?

Any Ideas?
Chad

RokuLyndon

Re: programming GPIO's and HD1010w with expansion module

Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:08 pm

brightauthor doesn't talk to the expander, but its script can be modified to. Is it specific inputs that trigger these other files, or specific files that play on the other outputs?

cdzbiz
Topic Author

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:33 am

I want specific inputs (buttons from the GPIO) to trigger these other files and I want them to play out of the expantion modules other outputs simultaneously. I am using this for an interactive Jeep in an aquarium and want it to be able to do multiple things at once. I need to know if one unit can do this or if we need more brightsign units.

Thanks,
Chad

RokuLyndon

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:13 pm

You can play up to three mp3s to the analog outputs on the expander. You can't use analog output for video, and analog output for an mp3 at the same time. So, if the video had no audio, you would output audio to the three analog outputs at the same time. BrightAuthor doesn't have any settings for the expander, so this would be bst done as a script.