Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

bradfors
Topic Author

"Busy" light on, but won't turn on.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:56 pm

I have HD1000 that was unplugged for a couple of weeks. After it is plugged in, the Green Busy Light stays solid but no Power light. Power button has no effect. No video. Suggestions.

tjdebon

Re: "Busy" light on, but won't turn on.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:53 pm

bradfors wrote:
I have HD1000 that was unplugged for a couple of weeks. After it is plugged in, the Green Busy Light stays solid but no Power light. Power button has no effect. No video. Suggestions.

That sounds like the same symptoms mine had... When I unplugged it and then restored power the busy light stayed dark too. I needed to rebuild the power supply. :cry:

bradfors
Topic Author

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:38 pm

Thanks for the reply. What did it cost you to rebuild the power supply? Did you do it or send it in to Roku?

tjdebon

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:14 pm

bradfors wrote:
Thanks for the reply. What did it cost you to rebuild the power supply? Did you do it or send it in to Roku?

I just used BBJohns' parts list in "List of parts to fix your power supply" thread in this forum and a soldering iron...
The output voltage is low, so something else is ready to fail too. I will probably install an aftermarket power supply sometime soon -- unless a component on the mother board fails before I get around to it. I keep watching the "No Power / No Component Video" thread to see what other folks learn.