Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Burkhardi
Topic Author

OMG- HD1000 for $199 from Roku 5/9/07 Photobridge

Wed May 09, 2007 5:08 am

Check out the main Roku page. They have full factory referb units with a 1yr warranty for $199.

Beats the heck out off all those ebay units that people are buying for about the same price, if not more w/o a warranty.

Just wanted to pass it on. I have more HD1000's at my house then I can shake a stick at, but for a price like that, I almost bought another...LOL

Just wanted to pass it on, Matt

Oh yea, if you click buy it, it says HD1000 Rev-B B-stock.
So it does look like it's a Rev-B unit...Too sweet! 8)
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

dgburns

Wed May 09, 2007 7:21 am

I wonder if these B-stock's have the same marginal power supply as original A's and B's???
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)
Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV
Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's
PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext
M1000 (upstairs)
HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)
Visco 32" LCD
AR 2.1 audio system
PS/2

S80_UK

Wed May 09, 2007 7:53 am

Not bad - although with the $79 shipping to the UK (plus import duty [$25], VAT on the $199 [$35] and VAT and duty collection fee [another $25!]), it would still work out at considerably more than I paid for mine, I am very happy / relieved to say.

ggmorton

Wed May 09, 2007 12:06 pm

Even for domestic shipping UPS Ground is $27.50. Which is about twice what it should cost.

RI_Pilot

Wed May 09, 2007 5:08 pm

Well I just sprung for one. It will replace my old bedroom rev A that has a fried Ethernet port due to a nearby lightning strike. I have been forced to use it via a USB wireless adapter and can not play videos.

Howard

Burkhardi
Topic Author

Wed May 09, 2007 5:36 pm

RI_Pilot wrote:
Well I just sprung for one. It will replace my old bedroom rev A that has a fried Ethernet port due to a nearby lightning strike. I have been forced to use it via a USB wireless adapter and can not play videos.

Howard

Good deal Howard!
Plus with this BEV-B, you don't have to run a swap file due to the REV-B having twice the memory as the REV-A you have.
Regards, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

andy

Received my Rev B

Tue May 15, 2007 9:39 pm

I received my $199.99 "B stock" Rev B unit today.

Serial number is in the 3200's, very high for a Rev B unit. The case appears unmarred and the feet look new. The manual and paperwork were a little crumpled.

It arrived in a Gallery Edition box, with a large sticker saying HD1000 B "Rev B". The serial number on the box is in the 3700's and doesn't match the PB inside.

It has the same power connector as other stock PBs I have seen, so I'm guessing it's the same power supply inside. No, I'm not going to break the sticker and void my 1-year warranty to find out. :-)

Has anyone else taken up Roku on their offer? What is your new PB like?
Andy Oliver
LiveSpy: Watch Live Webcams:http://frequal.com/LiveSpy/roku/index.html
VncSix: Web Surfing+:http://frequal.com/roku/VncSix/index.html
SongInfo:http://frequal.com/roku/SongInfo/index.html

Burkhardi
Topic Author

Re: Received my Rev B

Wed May 16, 2007 5:01 am

Andy, On the bottom of your unit, does it say HD1500 and have a serial number starting with HD1000? Or does it say HD1000 and the serial number starts with HD1000?

I can pretty much bet the supply is the same one. So your not going to "take one for the team" and break the sticker? Yea, I would not do that either if I was in your shoes. You know, the sticker says "Warranty Void if Removed", it don't say jack about cutting it...LOL :wink:

Regards, Matt

andy wrote:
I received my $199.99 "B stock" Rev B unit today.

Serial number is in the 3200's, very high for a Rev B unit. The case appears unmarred and the feet look new. The manual and paperwork were a little crumpled.

It arrived in a Gallery Edition box, with a large sticker saying HD1000 B "Rev B". The serial number on the box is in the 3700's and doesn't match the PB inside.

It has the same power connector as other stock PBs I have seen, so I'm guessing it's the same power supply inside. No, I'm not going to break the sticker and void my 1-year warranty to find out. :-)

ggmorton

Re: Received my Rev B

Wed May 16, 2007 12:27 pm

andy wrote:

I got mine yesterday. It seemed to work fine in the hour or so I used it last night. I'll have to check the S/N and stuff. I didn't notice anything out of place with the case or anything. I'll give it a look over tonigt if I remember.

RI_Pilot

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:04 pm

I finally hooked up my "new" HD1000. It works great, nice to have a wired Ethernet connection again! (The old one has a fried Ethernet port due to a lightning strike so I was using it with wireless).
The "new" one is a Rev B and shipped with .36 firmware. Now I have two working Rev Bs, one in the living room and one in the bedroom.
I did notice that the new one is cooler than my older Rev B. I plan to replace the PS caps as a precaution on the old one. I already replaced the PS caps in my original Rev A (the one with the fried Ethernet port) after the PS failed. Luckily I bought enough caps to take care of several power supplies.

Howard

Burkhardi
Topic Author

Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:14 pm

RI_Pilot wrote:
I finally hooked up my "new" HD1000. It works great, nice to have a wired Ethernet connection again! (The old one has a fried Ethernet port due to a lightning strike so I was using it with wireless).
The "new" one is a Rev B and shipped with .36 firmware. Now I have two working Rev Bs, one in the living room and one in the bedroom.
I did notice that the new one is cooler than my older Rev B. I plan to replace the PS caps as a precaution on the old one. I already replaced the PS caps in my original Rev A (the one with the fried Ethernet port) after the PS failed. Luckily I bought enough caps to take care of several power supplies.

Howard

Yes, two is better then one (or three in your case) 8)
Did you replace just the four main, or all six electrolytic caps (not counting the big honk'n 400V one)?
So is the other one still w/o a working ethernet port, right? If your not using it, it may make a nice photo viewer (via card reader) that you could sell to a friend (just thinking out loud). I am putting together an old REV-A for my dad to use to play pictures off his camera's memery card.

RI_Pilot

Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:37 am

I replaced 5 caps- 3x 2200uf, 1x 470uf and 1x 47 uf based on a post by BJJohns. The MOSFET and PWM chip were still good. I bought extras on all parts since I knew I would eventually need to fix another one. As I said, my living room HD1000 is running much warmer than the new one so I plan to do a premptive cap replacement.

Is there a 6th cap that you have been replacing as well? I do not remember if there were other electrolytics besides the big input cap you mention.

Good idea for the old HD1000. It actually works pretty well using the wireless for all except using Mplay for movies. I used it to view photos from a Buffalo Link Station, play MP3s, and run WeatherSix.

Howard

Burkhardi
Topic Author

Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:52 am

RI_Pilot wrote:
I replaced 5 caps- 3x 2200uf, 1x 470uf and 1x 47 uf based on a post by BJJohns. The MOSFET and PWM chip were still good. I bought extras on all parts since I knew I would eventually need to fix another one. As I said, my living room HD1000 is running much warmer than the new one so I plan to do a premptive cap replacement.

Is there a 6th cap that you have been replacing as well? I do not remember if there were other electrolytics besides the big input cap you mention.

Good idea for the old HD1000. It actually works pretty well using the wireless for all except using Mplay for movies. I used it to view photos from a Buffalo Link Station, play MP3s, and run WeatherSix.

Howard

Hi Howard,
Yes, there is an additional cap in the grassy knoll ...
Its hidden under the heat sink/cover, its a second 47uf (location C5) behind the PWM Chip (not the dual OP-AMP DIP chip). This is/was from memory, so bare with me...

2200uf - X3
470 uf - X1
47uf - X2 (one by the three black ground wires and the other under the sink)
68uf @400v - X1 (the big honk'n one)

Yes, replace the ones in the other REV-B, with the new high quality ones you have. With those poor quality OEM ones, it's just going to get hotter and hotter and then fail.

Regards, Matt