Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

HookedOnTV
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:44 pm

You guys aren't going crazy about the popup image placement. 480 had them in the middle of the screen, 720 (which I use) were placed nicely and 1080 didn't even come up on the viewable part of the screen.

New version up:

- Fixed popup image placement. Now they appear in a desirable location for all resolutions.
- Added the previous/next file popups.
- Made popup images a little smaller.
- Fixed issue with video window going to about 1/4 size after toggling the audio out on 1080i output.
- Travis

marcelo3d

OT Fry's deals

Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:53 pm

Thanks again Travis for keeping the good work. I won't get to test your latest version until tomorrow.

If you guys live close to a Fry's electronics, today they have a huge sale. Anyone in the SF bay area? They also stock the HD1000, but that is not on sale ($299).

Regards,

M.-

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:42 pm

I'm having trouble playing back Smallville from KNVA here in Austin. KNVA HD is 54.1 and KNVA SD is 54.2. I recorded it from OTA using MyHD. It plays back fine on MyHD, but when I use Tstream or Cinema6 I get 54.2 only. How can I choose which stream? Why does it default to .2?

Cheers

marcelo3d

Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:11 am

Hi Travis,

Version 1.36 is a keeper. Very nice indeed.

How can I bribe you to add a +3min button? :wink:

Great work, enjoy your weekend.

M.-

scottc

Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:36 am

marcelo3d wrote:
Hi Travis,

Version 1.36 is a keeper. Very nice indeed.

I agree 100%, 1/4 screen bug gone! I have icons, its all good.

But :D heres my feature list requests:- :)

Recently played option
    Small more descrete icons, maybe placement at the bottom right or left. (think this was mentioned before)

Also one little bug, when fast forwarding you press pause/play it just pauses but does not change the icon. I think when pressing pause/play whilst FF it should return to play mode and display the play icon for a few seconds.

Great work though, it comes on in leaps and bounds.

Scott

jsjames

Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:00 pm

I really like this version also.
I did run into my HD1000 freezing when I chose a Folder that had a .tri (from HDTVtoMPEG2) in it. Could that have been the reason? I tried a few folders to play, same problem.
Not that big of a deal, I just use the Choose File and choose the first one.
Thanks,

Jeff
M1000

bgrubb2

PID's for T Stream

Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:41 am

I seem to be unable to get video / audio from Tstream. I have tried files recorded on my AccessDTV card and ripped DVD's that have been converted and ram through tstoatsc. My files work with both Streamplayer and Cinemasix, but nothing from T Stream. In looking at my files , the PID's are not 0x11 and 0x14, does T Stream require that ???
The readme seems to say not
Thanks in advance

HookedOnTV
Topic Author

Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:15 pm

New version up. Added "bookmark" system to track recently played files. It also stores the position and will start about 5 seconds back. Also added some file extension filters for the "play by folder" to check for .ts, .tp., .trp, .mpg.

Off to vacation so see you all in a couple weeks.
- Travis

marcelo3d

Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:53 pm

Travis,

Just now I got a chance to try your latest version. For me, it crashes every time I exit it, leaving the decoder in a bad state that requires a reboot.
I tried debugging it, but all I know is that it dies in a fread(). My guess is that it is not finding a file or folder it expects.
The bad thing is that I did not save the previous version, so I'm stuck with a very old version I had laying around.

Anyone has version 1.36? Please make it available.

As this kind of problems are bound to happen, could you trap SIGSEGV and make the handler shutdown the decoder and exit?
#include <signal.h>
#include <unistd.h>

void MyHandler(int x)
{
   printf("My segfault handler called\n");
   _exit(-1);
}

int
main(int argc, const char ** argv)
{
   signal(SIGSEGV, MyHandler);
}

Thanks,

Marcelo.-

PS: Any chance of throwing the direcory filtering code in some day? M.-

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:12 am

marcelo3d wrote:
Anyone has version 1.36? Please make it available.

You can grab 1.36 from me if you'd like at: http://www.permanence.com/TStream136.zip

TheEndless

HookedOnTV
Topic Author

Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:49 pm

As nice as laying by the pool in the sun is it is good to be home. So much for seeing how the "Bookmark" feature is working. The crash on exit was a result of the bookmark file not existing.

New version up:

- Fixed exit bug with bookmark file
- Added catch for segmentation faults
- Added file filter to only display first file of a sequence (thanks to Marcelo)
- Added popup to Info button to display current date/time and file playing
- Travis

marcelo3d

Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:52 pm

Hi Travis,

Welcome back. Thanks fo the new release. The exit crash seems fixed, but I can not use the Open First File. It lets me select the file, listing the right stuff, but when it is about to start playing, it crashes in TStreamDecoder::InitPlayback () with an invalid access.
If I open the same file with the normal selection, it works.
Any idea what is wrong? If you suspect my code, let me know and I'll take a look.
I like the info button! (but I miss the skip +3min hehe)

Thanks again,

Marcelo.-

HookedOnTV
Topic Author

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:04 pm

New version up (1.39).

Looks like the problem was mine. Should work now. I also temporarily changed the Fast Forward to be a ~3 minute skip ahead since it wasn't too stable and I'm running out of buttons on the remote.

- Travis
- Travis

Wulgaru

Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:04 pm

I've been fighting with my Roku and this application for a few weeks now. Regardless of which version I run, my HD1000 freezes very frequently when I press any of the buttons during playback or when it attempts to switch from one file to the next (playing a folder). I have a swap file on a CF card (1GB Ultra 2) in the box and am running TStream (1.39 now) from the same card. I am also running the latest Roku software. Is there anything specific I can try to get this working?

marcelo3d

Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:34 pm

Hi Travis,

This version seems to work much better. Still, I got it to crash the decoder when trying to play from a bookmark. It only hapened once, so I don't have a recipe for making it happen.

I really appreciate the 3min skip. In my limited testing, it worked properly. Does it take into account the multiple files, like if there is 30 sec left on one file, does it advance the rest (2:30) on the next file? In a previous version, I noticed that the skip back would not go to the previous file.

I hope my bug reports don't bug you. Its all to improve your great player.

Thanks again,

M.-