Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

m14cus
Topic Author

Power Light (green Light) stays on but unit dead.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:49 pm

Hi

My Roku appears dead. :(.

The Green light is on and the only way I can get it to go out is either unplug the unit or hold the 'On' button in for a few seconds. As soon as I realse the button the light comes on again.

The unit will not boot or display anything on the screen and will not turn OFF.

the only way I can get the light to go out is to unplug it.

I have seen lots of posts on here about dead PSU but mine doesn't appear to be dead as I have a green light.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Marcus

Burkhardi

Re: Power Light (green Light) stays on but unit dead.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:38 am

m14cus wrote:
Hi

My Roku appears dead. :(.

The Green light is on and the only way I can get it to go out is either unplug the unit or hold the 'On' button in for a few seconds. As soon as I realse the button the light comes on again.

The unit will not boot or display anything on the screen and will not turn OFF.

the only way I can get the light to go out is to unplug it.

I have seen lots of posts on here about dead PSU but mine doesn't appear to be dead as I have a green light.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus!
Sounds like a VR (voltage regualtor) on the Mobo (Motherboard) bought the farm (aka died).
Check this thread
http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.ph ... &start=276
and also check your PM (Private Message via this forum).
Reagrds, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

allyn

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:05 pm

just had a similar problem last night. noticed the green power light was on when i thought i had shut off the unit. power button is useless, had to unplug. now unit won't boot at all BUT passes HD video through just fine (no audio though).

is this likely to be a working power supply and just a bad motherboard? i ask because i have another photobridge with a dead power supply but presumably working motherboard. i could try a swap if anyone thinks that fix the problem.

thanks.

Burkhardi

Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:24 pm

allyn wrote:
just had a similar problem last night. noticed the green power light was on when i thought i had shut off the unit. power button is useless, had to unplug. now unit won't boot at all BUT passes HD video through just fine (no audio though).

is this likely to be a working power supply and just a bad motherboard? i ask because i have another photobridge with a dead power supply but presumably working motherboard. i could try a swap if anyone thinks that fix the problem.

thanks.

It will not fix the probelm, but it may get you one working unit. I would try it!
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku