Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mjt5282
Topic Author

Is there a way to "ignore" a UPNP share?

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:47 pm

My Sonos ZP-80's speak UPNP, I think, and they are broadcasting something that the Roku picks up on. But it kind of clutters up my Finder screen. I'd like to "filter out" the Sonos devices because the Roku will probably never be able to act as a client to their music serving abilties (assuming they exist).

Is there a way via the unix "dispatchmountmessage" to do this?
PB1000 Rev. A (X3), PB1000 Rev. B (X3), SlimServer 6.5.4 + Nero MediaHome (for transcoding to MPlay)

Burkhardi

Re: Is there a way to "ignore" a UPNP share?

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:40 am

mjt5282 wrote:
My Sonos ZP-80's speak UPNP, I think, and they are broadcasting something that the Roku picks up on. But it kind of clutters up my Finder screen. I'd like to "filter out" the Sonos devices because the Roku will probably never be able to act as a client to their music serving abilties (assuming they exist).

Is there a way via the unix "dispatchmountmessage" to do this?

G-Day!
Try this since WMC (since 2.0) doesn't really work with the HD1000 anymore either. You can see pictures in WMC and even view them, but with the music, you can see the root folders, but not the songs, or play them. So it seems UPNP is pretty useless for that kind of stuff now. This should not effect SlimRoku, but you may want to verify that.
Good luck!

Try this post from Soiaf...
http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=7125

Soiaf wrote:
If you're not interested in UPnP at all on the PhotoBridge then the easiest thing to do would be to disable the program that handles UpnP.
To do this you would edit the file
/etc/inittab

Look for this line
Quote:
::respawn:/usr/local/bin/cascade_upnpd

and place a # in front of it i.e.

Quote:
#::respawn:/usr/local/bin/cascade_upnpd

Now reboot your PhotoBridge. This should stop the UPnP share from appearing, but not disable ordinary network shares.
Obviously to re-enable just remove the #
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku