Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Kingcohiba
Topic Author

I have one thta is not working...

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:26 pm

I have one of these that I bought some years back. It sopped working and I was going to return it to Roku but then I lost the remote and never sent it in. I have since found the remote.

Basically, when I plug it in, the green light comes on but that's it. It does not read memory cards or output to my TV.

Any suggestions? Can I get it fixed or is this a doorstop? Trying to network photos and music. Considering a Sonos for music and a photovu frame

Thanks for your help

Burkhardi

Re: I have one thta is not working...

Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:31 am

Kingcohiba wrote:
I have one of these that I bought some years back. It sopped working and I was going to return it to Roku but then I lost the remote and never sent it in. I have since found the remote.

Basically, when I plug it in, the green light comes on but that's it. It does not read memory cards or output to my TV.

Any suggestions? Can I get it fixed or is this a doorstop? Trying to network photos and music. Considering a Sonos for music and a photovu frame

Thanks for your help

Yes it can be fixed, and IMHO its worth it. It still has great features that other units don't have and the card readers are awesome. I use SlimRoku almost every weekend.
See if this post helps! I would send it to Pyramid-Audio
http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.ph ... &start=300
Sounds like U12 may have given up the ghost...
regards, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

waynedunham

Re: I have one thta is not working...

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:51 pm

Kingcohiba wrote:

Thanks for your help

Yep, most likely fixable. Those were the exact same symptoms mine had. I opted for the power supply fix, and the motherboard enhancements/reliability updates from Pyramid Audio.

Most likely all I needed was the power supply fixed, but figured while it was already there and I had to pay shipping I'd get it all done at once.

My Photobridge has been happily humming along as good as, or better than new. It could be just how happy I am to have it back, but I swear the remote is more responsive than it was before the photobridge died and I sent it to Pyramid for repairs. :)
Wayne Dunham