Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Bgrubb1
Topic Author

mplay artwork question

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:31 pm

I have my DVD library on a server for HD1000 access witth the cover art renamed to .thm to avoid the Roku seeing covers as pictures. If I add the same library to a Microsoft Vista Ultimate MCE machine, I get no DVD artwork because it wants .jpg Anyone found a solution to make both happy ???
..Barry

dhillsberry

mplay artwork question

Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:19 am

Have you found a workaround?

Bgrubb1
Topic Author

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Nope
I believe it would take a change to Mplay or the Photobridge operating system, since Microsoft will never change their format, they would prefer to proclaim it a standard :-(

Burkhardi

Re: mplay artwork question

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:10 pm

Are you using mPlay for the DVD playback?

Bgrubb1 wrote:
I have my DVD library on a server for HD1000 access witth the cover art renamed to .thm to avoid the Roku seeing covers as pictures. If I add the same library to a Microsoft Vista Ultimate MCE machine, I get no DVD artwork because it wants .jpg Anyone found a solution to make both happy ???
..Barry
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

jm_maclaren

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:36 am

The Endless has not released the source code to any of the later versions of Mplay and has sadly not posted to this forum in a while, so I am not sure how likely an update to Mplay is. :(

satz

Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:05 am

I use Viper as a front-end video browser. It calls MPlay to play the video/DVD. Not certain if this would help you but I have fixed a few bugs and posted the binary and source at http://fnu.iranger.com/downloads/viper.tar.gz.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:40 pm

jm_maclaren wrote:
The Endless has not released the source code to any of the later versions of Mplay and has sadly not posted to this forum in a while, so I am not sure how likely an update to Mplay is. :(

If there's still interest, I could potentially be persuaded to release the source for MPlay and SlimRoku...

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

soiaf

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:05 pm

I would be interested in looking at the SlimRoku code anyway :)
No idea if/when I'd get a chance, but it would be great having it working against the current v7 SqueezeCenter

TheEndless

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:08 pm

soiaf wrote:
I would be interested in looking at the SlimRoku code anyway :)
No idea if/when I'd get a chance, but it would be great having it working against the current v7 SqueezeCenter

If you promise you won't critique (or laugh at) it, I'll post it on the site for download.

TheEndless
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

soiaf

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:14 pm

I promise!

TheEndless

Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:38 pm

soiaf wrote:
I promise!

Ok, I've posted the source code up on the SlimRoku site. Have at it...

TheEndless

Burkhardi

Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:30 am

TheEndless wrote:
soiaf wrote:
I promise!

Ok, I've posted the source code up on the SlimRoku site. Have at it...

TheEndless

Oh man, this is great news!
Don't forget about the SlimRoku bounty...
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... t=slimroku
I can't speak for everyone, but I am willing to still pay my share to either Soaif, TheEndless or both (what ever it takes).

Thanks so much TheEndless for coming back here to check up on us and to be as so kind to give the source code; as well as Soiaf for perhaps being willing to look at the app to get it to work with SqueezeCenter-7.

Best reagrds, Matt

BTW, I still use the heck out of both SlimRoku and mPlay! 8)
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

soiaf

Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:14 pm

Thanks TheEndless for posting the source code.

Not sure when I'll get a chance to actually look at the code, nevermind attempt to make changes, but I sure would like to get it going with SqueezeCenter 7 (which includes some code I wrote :wink: )