Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Cris Moore
Topic Author

PhotoBridge finally died.

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:55 pm

PhotoBridge finally died. :( Light use, but plugged in 24/7. Looks like power supply is toast. Will likely send to Pyramid Audio for repair.

Is there a decent replacement available that will play TS and MPEG4 streams? I would consider replacing the Roku with it if there was, instead of having the Roku repaired. A good unit for TS file, but would like MPEG4 support too.

Thanks.

igleaner

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Check out the new Western Digital WD TV Live. It does everything the Roku did plus more all for only $120 at Best Buy.

And the unit is only 5x5x2 inches and has no noisy fans!

Burkhardi

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:52 pm

igleaner wrote:
Check out the new Western Digital WD TV Live. It does everything the Roku did plus more all for only $120 at Best Buy.

And the unit is only 5x5x2 inches and has no noisy fans!

can it work with ISO streams like the Photobridge?
Is there a card reader on the front to play your pictures directly?
Can it stream internet radio and music from your home with album art?
Can it pull up weather?
Can you write your own apps for it?
Can you use it with RePlay TV or have it stream from your PC as a DVR?
How's the scaler?
Does it support VGA and/or 720P?
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

Cris Moore
Topic Author

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:23 pm

Ended up sending my PhotoBridge to Pyramid Audio to get repaired. Had it back for a couple of weeks and its working great.

Will see what next year offers for MPEG2/MPEG4 players. But for now, I'm good with my PhotoBridge. :D

zephyr

Still truckin'

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:16 pm

I have two Photobridges -- both with repaired power supplies ---- and we still use them every day to watch movies from our network storage. Haven't yet found any better solution.