Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Messiah
Topic Author

Playlist sort order??

Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:06 pm

I have created my playlists and saved them in my main MP3 directory. This is the same directory that contains all the artist subfolders. I have named all my playlists starting with a_ such as a_playall.m3u in the belief that the playlists would be sorted at the top of the album list.

Unfortunately they are not. They are listed beneath all the artist folders. Other than storing them in their own directory beginning with a number is there any other way I can get them to sort to the top of the list. If I place them in their own directory then not only will it take that extra button click to move into that directory but it will also mean I will always have to edit the playlist files due to the absolute paths that Winamp gives them.

I am guessing another way is to place all my artist directories in a further subfolder under the MP3 directory but is there another way that I am missing?

Thanks.

RokuPatrick

Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:11 pm

Sorry, folders always come before any other files.

Messiah
Topic Author

Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:15 am

Thanks, for the brief response :)

So can you tell me the best way to manage playlist files then. I cannot believe people usually scroll through hundreds of folders to see the playlists. Is there an options to show playlists only or something?

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:44 am

I have named all my playlists starting with a_ such as a_playall.m3u in the belief that the playlists would be sorted at the top of the album list.

It's probably important to note that sorting is case sensitive. As I've noticed with my music folders, files and folders starting with a lowercase letter are sorted after all of the uppercase files and folders. So, even if your playlists were sorted in with the folders, they'd still fall after folders starting with an uppercase letter.

Sort example:
    A playlist.m3u
    Another playlist.m3u
    Yep another playlist.m3u
    a lowercase playlist.m3u

I really wish this weren't the case. Wonder if there are any plans to change this in future updates...

TheEndless

Messiah
Topic Author

Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:59 am

OK, thanks. I'll give it a try changing the a to an A and see if that helps. Will just save me editing all the playlist files when I create them.

Thanks again.