Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jsjames
Topic Author

Compatible router list for Photobridge?

Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:09 pm

I saw on the Soundbridge forum that Roku keeps a "compatible list" of routers.
Does one exist for the Photobridge or would that list be the same? And where can I find that list?

I have had DHCP problems with the Photobridge and hardly ever hear anything from Roku in the PhotoBridge posts for those problems.

http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3359&highlight=
Thanks,

Jeff
M1000

waynedunham

Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:15 pm

I've had excellant luck with everything I've ever hooked to my D-link equipment.

I've got a DI-704 4 port wired router (no wireless in my home). The cable modem (Motorola SB-5100) goes into one port on the router and a 16 port switch plugs into one of the other ports. I started with a D-Link DSS-16+ switch (16 port 10/100 switch) and that worked fine. Just recently I swapped that out with a D-Link DGS-1016D (16 port gigabit switch) so that I could move files between my computers (desktop, game pc, HTPC, Laptop) faster since all but the laptop have gigabit network capability.

The swapout was completely seamless. Just to be 100% safe, I turned off all the PC's, went downstairs and shut down the router and modem and then placed the new switch below the old one and swapped the cables one by one. Turned everything on and it all worked just like it had before the switch. Well except for the kickbutt speed increase in transfers between the gigabit nic PC's. 8)

I've always had good luck with any D-Link network stuff I've bought. Switches, routers, or nics. I've never dealt with any wireless stuff so I can't vouch for anyone's equipment in that area.
Wayne Dunham

PRMan

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:28 am

I haven't had problems with an original Linksys internet router or Netgear wireless. The only problem I had was where 2 machines were being assigned the same address, but I'm not sure that's a Roku problem. I made a permanent DHCP list on the router for all my machines and have had no problems since.

What router are you attempting to use right now? Are you attempting wired or wireless?
PRMan

jsjames
Topic Author

Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:21 am

PRMan wrote:
I haven't had problems with an original Linksys internet router or Netgear wireless. The only problem I had was where 2 machines were being assigned the same address, but I'm not sure that's a Roku problem. I made a permanent DHCP list on the router for all my machines and have had no problems since.

What router are you attempting to use right now? Are you attempting wired or wireless?

I might try that permanent DHCP list idea.
I'm using a Linksys WRT54G & wired to it.
Thanks,

Jeff

M1000