Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

kevinvw
Topic Author

shares not showing up on main screen

Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:54 am

Don't think I have seen this one posted yet. I have a linksys wireless g router, a buffalo linkstation for a file server (and my pc), a linksys G bridge. when I scan for shares, the correct list is shown on the hd1000. I check the ones I want mounted, but they dont show up on the main menu.
I have done all the reboots, resets, backflips I can think of with no luck.

And this used to work fine! I am suspecting that when I updated the firmware on my wireless router, some settings got changed. looking for myself, there was nothing obvious. can anyone give me something to check on my router, bridge, hd1000?

thanks for the help!

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:35 pm

Shares that the Roku saw before don't get cleared when you scan for new shares, so it's possible that it's not seeing them now, but just hasn't cleared the list. You should do a clear and re-scan to get the fully refreshed list. Unfortunately, this clears your saved username/passwords as well, so before you do it, you may want to telnet into the HD1000 and issue the following commands:
    cd /etc
    cp smbpasswords smbpasswords.bak
Then run the re-scan, telnet back into the HD1000 and issue the following commands:
    cd /etc
    cp smbpasswords.bak smbpasswords
That should restore your username/passwords.

While this won't fix your networking issue, it will ensure that you know what the Roku can and cannot see.

Hope this helps...

TheEndless

kevinvw
Topic Author

Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:49 pm

Hi and thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I already do a clear and rescan. So what is happening is the shares are found during the scan, but the ones I check do not show up on the main screen.

Any ideas?

jsjames

Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:10 am

TheEndless wrote:
Shares that the Roku saw before don't get cleared when you scan for new shares, so it's possible that it's not seeing them now, but just hasn't cleared the list. You should do a clear and re-scan to get the fully refreshed list. Unfortunately, this clears your saved username/passwords as well, so before you do it, you may want to telnet into the HD1000 and issue the following commands:
    cd /etc
    cp smbpasswords smbpasswords.bak
Then run the re-scan, telnet back into the HD1000 and issue the following commands:
    cd /etc
    cp smbpasswords.bak smbpasswords
That should restore your username/passwords.

While this won't fix your networking issue, it will ensure that you know what the Roku can and cannot see.

Hope this helps...

TheEndless

It would be nice to have a feature that just scanned and cleared shares and left your usernames and passwords alone!

Roku, do you hear me :)
Thanks,

Jeff
M1000