Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

bobrlinet
Topic Author

HD1000 Powers off into standby when remote is used

Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:47 pm

I have an HD1000 running OS 2.0.21. It has been working great for several months.

Suddenly, when ever I use the remote control, the unit powers off into standby mode no matter which button of the remote I press.

If I use the controls on the front panel of the HD1000, everthing seems to work fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

RokuPatrick

Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:18 pm

That is very odd. I'd suggest 3 things, in increasing order of amount of effort required: 1) power cycle the HD1000 2) Reset to factory defaults (in the system information panel) and 4) upgrade to 2.0.34.

waynedunham

Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:51 pm

Did you try new batteries in the remote? I've seen bizarre results with various remotes when the batteries are low.

Otherwise I'd say maybe the remote itself has gone south if the panel controls work fine.

Try the hard reboot first. Maybe it just needs a reboot? It is after all a computer. Just because it's not running a Windows OS doesn't mean it may not need an occasional reboot. :wink:
Wayne Dunham

bobrlinet
Topic Author

Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:18 am

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I can't tell you how many times I've tried rebooting, by holding in the power button and even by pulling the plug. The unit would work ok from the remote for a short while, then go into standby again with a push from any button on the remote.

I am intrigued by the "dying-battery-in-the-remote" suggestion, and will try that first. I had considered the factory reset, and will try that next if the battery option fails. If still no luck, I will upgrade. But the unit has worked well for so long that I am reluctant to make such a sweeping change without understanding what has gone wrong.

Thanks again!