Mine's going back because it really doesn't do a great job of the "Photo" in its name.
I have thousands of pictures on my network share.
Reasons why its going back:
* It gets stuck scanning the files
* It doesn't do random play of pictures
* It messes with the pictures aspect ratio. I haven't figured out why.
Things it should do better:
* Display pictures while scanning
* Shuffle mode
* Network shares. (I have a domain account, which is probably unusual, but I can't get it to log on, so I'm doing the beta thing for uPnP)
* It took lots of tries to get it to find my Windows Media Connect share (it doesn't seem to look unless I reboot, and then sometimes it seems to miss)
What it SHOULD do:
I hooked a cheap PC up to a spare LCD and just let it play "my pictures slideshow". My daughter likes to notice it and then play some of the pictures. It works great, with nice transitions and no fuss. I got the Roku because of the PC's fan noise.
Without a shuffle, the Photobridge is no fun as a photo frame type thing.