Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

museo
Topic Author

photobridge hd for video art installation

Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:56 pm

i'm a filmmaker working in museums & exhibitions and want to use the photobridge hd for a permanent video art installation with selectable HD mpeg media that i am creating running off a 4Gb flash card. i can cope with the encoding requirements (with a bit of luck & help from some friends) but since there is no dvi / hdmi, how good is vga/svga? product literature claims machine is capable of svga output but does it actually work well? also i want audience to be able to select from various films either via a creston controller or something robust & simple - like 4 buttons mounted on a wall. before i get into the added hassle of evaluating this, does anyone know if this machine really works playing HD video from flash? also how difficult is it so set up and can anyone recommend any other type of RS232/ USB external controller? image quality is my central concern as i shot this on s16mm film and it took me months - appreciate any help you can give...if roku not suitable, do you know of any alternatives that won't break the bank?

RokuPatrick

Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:43 pm

Regarding the video outputs, while the connector is DB-15 ("VGA"), it signals 720p and 1080i via the connector just fine. It's by no means limited to VGA-resolutions.

Wulgaru

Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:09 am

I've played back HD from an Ultra 2 Compact Flash card with no issues.