Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RhodesRunner
Topic Author

Anyone Know HowTo Clear a Manually Specified Share?

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:20 pm

Now that I've changed my setup, my manually-specified Shares are no longer needed, but I can't seem to clear them out of the list.

Anyone know how to do this? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks!

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Anyone Know HowTo Clear a Manually Specified Share?

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:44 pm

RhodesRunner wrote:
Now that I've changed my setup, my manually-specified Shares are no longer needed, but I can't seem to clear them out of the list.

Anyone know how to do this? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks!

You should be able to just go into "Network Shares" under Setup and uncheck the ones you don't want mounted.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

RhodesRunner
Topic Author

Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:58 pm

Yes, that will keep the PB from trying to access them.

I was hoping to clear them off the list altogether though. It seems like using the Clear and Rescan feature leaves anything that was manually specified in-place, which is probably desirable in most cases.

In this case however, the manual shares no longer exist on the network so I'd just like to delete them from the list. If there was a way to edit/change them, at least I could respecify them as something else. But if that capability exists, I haven't stumbled on it yet.

A fix for the next OS release, perhaps? (OK - call me an optimist. ;) )

Mark

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:16 pm

RhodesRunner wrote:
Yes, that will keep the PB from trying to access them.

I was hoping to clear them off the list altogether though. It seems like using the Clear and Rescan feature leaves anything that was manually specified in-place, which is probably desirable in most cases.

In this case however, the manual shares no longer exist on the network so I'd just like to delete them from the list. If there was a way to edit/change them, at least I could respecify them as something else. But if that capability exists, I haven't stumbled on it yet.

A fix for the next OS release, perhaps? (OK - call me an optimist. ;) )

Mark

Ahh.. gotcha. You should be able to remove them manually by telnetting into your Roku and editing /etc/smbmanual or /etc/smbdiscovered.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

swingnstar

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:26 am

You'll have to stop sharing them as shares to get the ROKU not to list them. So go to the computer that is hosting the shares and stop sharing. If you need the shares for other reasons on your network, then the ROKU will seem them.