Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

heilpern
Topic Author

Mostly-dead PhotoBridge

Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:55 pm

My green power LED is flashing and the box isn't responsive :x

If I remove power for a randomly long amount of time (minutes to weeks), after plugging it back in I can boot and eventually the box will go back to this not-so-good state. (Sorry to use such technical terms!)

Is this likely to be a bad power supply, or something else? I've had the box less than a year (purchased directly from Roku, roughly last June) is it still under coverage, and if so, how do I get an RMA?

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Mostly-dead PhotoBridge

Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:01 pm

heilpern wrote:
My green power LED is flashing and the box isn't responsive :x

If I remove power for a randomly long amount of time (minutes to weeks), after plugging it back in I can boot and eventually the box will go back to this not-so-good state. (Sorry to use such technical terms!)

Is this likely to be a bad power supply, or something else? I've had the box less than a year (purchased directly from Roku, roughly last June) is it still under coverage, and if so, how do I get an RMA?

Sounds like it's at the video format screen. Try pressing the left or right remote buttons several times (to cycle through the different video formats) and see if it helps.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

heilpern
Topic Author

Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:08 am

I'll give that a try when I get home tonight, if I can get the problem reproduced (at the moment my box is unplugged). I don't understand how it could get to the video format screen though, since the box can be sitting there running (playing mp3's / whatever) and then without warning enter this state.

pg_rider

Re: Mostly-dead PhotoBridge

Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:02 am

heilpern wrote:
Mostly-dead PhotoBridge

"There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive..." - Princess Bride

:D

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:20 am

heilpern wrote:
I'll give that a try when I get home tonight, if I can get the problem reproduced (at the moment my box is unplugged). I don't understand how it could get to the video format screen though, since the box can be sitting there running (playing mp3's / whatever) and then without warning enter this state.

Sorry, I think I misinterpreted your post. I thought you were saying it immediately went into that state after a reboot. Are you doing anything when it this happens, or is the Roku sitting idle?

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

awedio

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:02 pm

TheEndless wrote:
heilpern wrote:

Sorry, I think I misinterpreted your post. I thought you were saying it immediately went into that state after a reboot. Are you doing anything when it this happens, or is the Roku sitting idle?

TheEndless

any ideas, need help ?????

I'm having this same problem with my PB, once the power light starts flashing & the display shows "Roku OS loading..", the only solution is to disconnect the plug from the outlet, since it does not respond to commands from the remote or front panel