Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

markgould
Topic Author

Photobridge and Firefly

Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:10 pm

Can a Photobridge server see a Firefly source

mjt5282

Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:10 pm

the PB really needs a DAAP compatible client to connect to the firefly media server.

I've been trying to use firefly more & more (I bought a NSLU2 and am running a nightly build on it as my "backup" media server as well as my primary Win2K) with my Soundbridge.

The Bonjour web URLs are so elegant ... and straightforward to use.

my HP printer, Tivo, Firefly media server and soundbridge all export their interfaces easily to my Mac Safari browser.

My impressions right now are that the Roku team are right on "backing" the Firefly Media server code base. It seems lighter weight, interfaces with iTunes very well, and runs on Mac, Linux, Win32, and NSLU2 ...

I'd love to see a DAAP-Roku front-end for the PB. I'd like to justify not buying a MacMini as my next "multimedia" living room server in the next few months.

Considering the Firefly server code is open source and available for browsing on sourceforge.net, it is a distinct possibility this could be achievable ...
PB1000 Rev. A (X3), PB1000 Rev. B (X3), SlimServer 6.5.4 + Nero MediaHome (for transcoding to MPlay)

Zanoryt

Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:04 pm

I agree. I'd like to see a Roku PB client app for the Firefly server (and maybe even SlimServer)