Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

upthera
Topic Author

Cannot Sync Presets between Radio Roku and SB

Wed May 21, 2008 7:38 am

Hi there,

I'm controlling my SB via Web browser and I'd like to add presets to the SB via the radioroku.com website and widget. Although I can add the the presets to the "My Soundbridge" widget they are not updated on the SB. Any cure for that?

skalata

Thu May 22, 2008 6:54 am

+1 Me too!

I am using a MAC, does that have anything to do with it?

Anyone have any suggestions?

dupondt

Thu May 22, 2008 7:22 am

Hi upthera and skalata,

welome to the forums.

This is the normal - but indeed confusing - behaviour. When you add presets to the Soundbridge via Radio Roku, the existing URLs (which you can see in the device's web interface) are not changed, but the added presets are stored in the Sondbridge's memory.

BTW: Presets added via Radio Roku are "dynamic", whenever you chose to play such a preset the Soundbridge retrieves the actual active stream URL from the database.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

mr rusty

Thu May 22, 2008 10:46 am

if you type the IP of your soundbridge into your browser, you can store presets manually which do not rely on the database, and can be accessed through "play preset" independently from radioroku

skalata

Thu May 22, 2008 11:23 am

Yes, I have been updating my presets via the IP web inferface but that seems a bit cumbersome. I was hoping just clicking on "save as preset" from RadioRoku would just put them in the SB's presets, but this doesn't happen unless I cut and paste URLs into the presets on the web browser IP interface.

Is there a "slicker" was to add presets????

Peekstra

Fri May 23, 2008 11:33 am

Hi,

I have the same problem, I've bought a new M1001 and now my presets don't match. First I've removed my old m1000 and succesfully discovered my new one (I've checked the MAC address).

I can set the presets from the radioroku but nothing is changed on the unit itself.

For example preset 5 is radio KCRW (or something like that), then I set SomaFM drone zone to preset 5 using the radioroku page.

The radioroku webpage now displays the new station at preset 5, but when I press the 5 button at the remote I still get the KCRW station... :?

That can't be right?

Burkhardi

Fri May 23, 2008 12:04 pm

skalata wrote:
Yes, I have been updating my presets via the IP web inferface but that seems a bit cumbersome. I was hoping just clicking on "save as preset" from RadioRoku would just put them in the SB's presets, but this doesn't happen unless I cut and paste URLs into the presets on the web browser IP interface.

Is there a "slicker" was to add presets????

I wonder if you are listening to the station you want via the Soundbridge and if you hit enter/select on the remote and scroll to Save as Preset, if it would work and be a slicker way. I need to try tonight...
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku