Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

BBigJ
Topic Author

Restoring presets

Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:10 pm

I am trying to restore my presets after a software upgrade [mini rant: Can anyone explain to me why my presets get wiped clean after every upgrade? Even though I can restore the internet radio presets through radioroku (usually) the playlist presets have to be restored manually every time. :evil:]

I've always had problems getting radioroku to communicate with my SoundBridge. In the past I have solved the problem by switching from Firefox to IE. This time Firefox is actually able to see my Soundbridge when I use the "Discover" button (a fantastic improvement over my previous experiences) but on the main screen under "My SoundBridge" it says "Not Detected on Local Network". In IE I can discover the SB and it properly shows the currently playing song under "My SoundBridge". Now the only way I've figured out to restore my presets is to pick a station I already have and go through the motions to save it as a preset. This will restore all the other presets as well. But, when I try to "save as preset" the "save and "cancel" buttons are completely inert on the menu where you select the preset slot (this is in IE). In Firefox, I can click these two buttons, but they have no effect since FF can't see the SB. Just for the heck of it I also tried Chrome. It behaved similar to FF in that it could "discover" the SB, but would not show the current SB status. When I chose "save as preset" it would gray out the screen, but the preset slot menu never came up. This is all with a fresh install of Java on a wired network.

Any suggestions?

alanmc

Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:16 am

Hopefully you will now have got all the widgets working correctly in Radio Roku by reading and following the simple instructions in the link that Bob Regent posted (above).

One final suggestion in order to make life really easy for yourself would be to use a fantastic "Management Tool" for your SoundBridges called "FlexbridgeRadio", this allows you to manage and save all your Presets & Favourites locally to your PC, so they play even if the Radio Roku server is down (visit http://www.flexbridgeradio.com/).

BBigJ
Topic Author

Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:02 am

Well, that is a step in the right direction. Firefox can now see the Roku and will show the Now Playing status. However, it still cannot add or change a preset. IE has exactly the same functionality it did before.

From what I've read it seems that flexbridge pulls its data from RadioRoku, so it will not be able to back up my playlist presets. Correct?

dupondt

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:14 am

Hi BBigJ,

From what I've read it seems that flexbridge pulls its data from RadioRoku

this is true for the list of radio stations only, but not for Favourites and Presets which are stored locally.

so it will not be able to back up my playlist presets. Correct?

This is correct. FlexBridgeRadio recognises Playlist Presets, but does neither retrieve them nor store them locally, as they are not internet radio related.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

amdb7

Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:06 am

The excellent free utility written by Felix Mueller called SB-Sync will backup and restore your presets, or copy presets from one SoundBridge to another.

It handles playlist presets. At least it does for me...I am running foobar2000 with the foo_upnp and foo_dop plugins as a server, and one of my presets is an Autoplaylist. SB-Sync backs up this preset or transfers it to my other SoundBridges.

Forum post:
http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

Download link:
http://www.justmytwocents.de/SB-sync/SB-syncSetup.exe

BBigJ
Topic Author

Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:48 pm

I still can't get Radio Roku to properly communicate with my SB, but the SB-sync program was exactly what I was looking for. I just took the time to manually reprogram everything, and now I know I won't have to repeat the exercise with every firmware update. My thanks to Felix (and for amdb7 for pointing it out).

fm.72

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm glad there are still people who find my little app useful. As it seems, Roku are not going to further develop the SoundBridge, so unfortunately it's rather unlikely that I will be able to implement any substantial new features (I would really like to, but therefor Roku would have to update their RCP implementation...).