Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

zephyr17
Topic Author

Device Discover and Manual Add Not Working!

Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:00 pm

I just upgraded my main computer from XP to Win 7 using a clean install. I wanted to re-establish my Radio Roku connections to my SoundBridge. When I pressed the "Discover" button, it didn't do anything at all. Just to test functionality, I tried the station Search button, too and it is dead as well. Is something wrong with the website, or is it incompatible with Win 7/IE 8?

Also, I tried using the manual add in the My Account section with the IP Address of the Soundbridge. That failed, too, with the following error:
Error, exists and update failed update user_devices set uid=29036, dname='SoundBridge', dip='192.168.0.3', version='3.0.44' where mac='00:0D:4B:04:3C:7F' and (uid<1 or uid=29036)

The SoundBridge is operational, is visible to my computer and network. It is connected via eithernet cable, not wirelessly. Finally, if it makes a difference, I renamed my computer when I did the clean install.

kgiesel

Re: Device Discover and Manual Add Not Working!

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:44 am

I too noticed this problem yesterday. On two different comps, with different browsers (IE7, IE8, FF) and Java versions.
No function of both "Discover" and "Search" keys. In fact, none of the buttons on the page seem to work. :(

dupondt

Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Radio Roku definitely is broken. It seems that it crashed over the weekend and hasn't been fully restored. IMO the Java application which is required is either missing or corrupted.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

jtimleck

Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Why is it SO DIFFICULT for Roku to post a "status message" - I mean WTF? We've had our soundbridge for almost SIX YEARS and this happens EVERY time they screw something up. It's left to users to wander around in forums and figure out that it isn't their fault of their network, system set up etc. I wasted another 2 hours last night and it will be the last time.
Last edited by jtimleck on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

kgiesel

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:06 pm

Is this issue also the reason why the Favorites list displayed on Roku device is empty now?
Last week it was still working.

dupondt

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:11 pm

kgiesel wrote:
Is this issue also the reason why the Favorites list displayed on Roku device is empty now?

I think so.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot