Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

pbroughton
Topic Author

Radioroku affected by Java update

Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:27 am

When I signed in today (haven't for a while) I received a notice to the affect that a future Java update will prohibit the programming on the site because the Certificate is no longer valid.

Is there something that can be done about this, or are we out of luck. (or, don't update Java anymore...???)

thanks for any info,

phil

a904lea

Re: Radioroku affected by Java update

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:40 am

I have been receiving a Java warning dialogue for some time asking for my permission to access the website, but today, following a Java update, I was shown this message when I opened the http://www.radioroku.com/ webpage: -

Does this mean I will be soon be unable to access radioroku?

FrankB

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:12 pm

Apparently it does. I updated tonight and can no longer access my Soundbridge devices from RadioRoku. Ugh. Even after checking I accept the risk. This should make moderating RadioRoku a bit of a challenge.

Frank

FrankB

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:16 pm

Woot, if you go to the Java control panel and add http://www.radioroku.com to the exception site list, that gets things working again.

Frank

a904lea

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:43 am

FrankB wrote:
Woot, if you go to the Java control panel and add http://www.radioroku.com to the exception site list, that gets things working again.

Thanks for the tip :)

m500Don

Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:34 pm

I have the same problem but putting http://www.radioroku.com in the Java exception list didn't work for me.
My Browser is the latest firefox and the latest installed Java version is 7 build 51.
Anything else to try?

gnumy

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:46 am

Lucky i found this thread :D Got last week a soundbridge,and run in all troubles.No access to RadioRoku,but help was here.(Thanks,DerekHelps)
He was able to do the comfirmmail issue for me.
And now this thread; Java trouble are gone. Now i can manage my soundbridge.

pbroughton
Topic Author

Thu May 08, 2014 1:07 pm

Thanks for the added info. Both IE and Chrome complained in Win7. Used Java Configuration to add radioroku. IE worked right away; Chrome, after a reboot of the computer.

I didn't really notice what the impact of the non-modified java problem was: In IE, my radios were found; the stations played; search seemed to work. That's as far as I went, tho. In Chrome, the same, but none of the stations played, Chrome asking for an extension, which in turn seems to refer to videos, so I did not install that extension; will use IE for this site, even though I use Chrome exclusively, which I appreciate much more than IE.

I also noted that many of the stations on the radioroku home page no longer play. I would say maybe 1/3 of them.

As a further aside, I really enjoy my two radios. I use them both each day, one for several hours. Both 'upgraded' by Matt: thanks!

FrankB

Fri May 09, 2014 5:58 am

pbroughton wrote:
I also noted that many of the stations on the radioroku home page no longer play. I would say maybe 1/3 of them.

It may be that the station no longer provides a stream that is compatible with the SoundBridge. Or it's simply that the stream has changed URLs. Feel free to PM me a list of stations that you find not working and I can research them.

thanks,
Frank

pbroughton
Topic Author

Sun May 11, 2014 1:55 pm

Thanks, Frank

I did pm you -- never used that mode before, so I hope I did it correctly.

FrankB

Mon May 12, 2014 5:50 am

pbroughton wrote:
Thanks, Frank

I did pm you -- never used that mode before, so I hope I did it correctly.

Indeed you did. For everyone else, playing from the RadioRoku web page to a Soundbridge works differently than playing on a computer. URLs that are set inactive on a particular station (outdated, no longer work, etc), are still used when playing on a computer. This is annoying and something I learned relatively recently.

Frank

ckcotton

Sat May 17, 2014 11:34 am

For everyone having problems with the Java update and RadioRoku certificate expired.

Follow the directions in the link below. Worked great and finally allowed Safari to detect my SB M1001.

http://www.cultofmac.com/262997/allow-s ... os-x-tips/