Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

groovetube66
Topic Author

Bad links, or streams my M500 can't play?

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 pm

I put my M500 back in service after having been packed away for a while during a move. I've noticed stations that used to play, like WRTI (Philadelphia public radio), no longer connect. Is it a matter of bad links in Radio Roku, or have stations started streaming in formats the Soundbridge cannot work with? Wondering if this is what finally pushes me to another solution for streaming radio. I've had the M500 for years and it still functions well.

Thanks,
Sean

dupondt

Re: Bad links, or streams my M500 can't play?

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Hello Sean,

both "WRTI - Jazz 90.1 FM Philadelphia, PA" (ID: 13097) and "WRTI 90.1 HD1 Philadelphia, PA" (ID: 13280) play A/OK on my SoundBridges. The audio URLs listed in Radio Roku are the official ones as given on WRTI's website.

If you have stored the station(s) in your M500's presets please check if the audio URLs in your SoundBridge match the ones in Radio Roku. If they don't you will have to reassign your presets.

The correct audio URls are as follows:

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wrti/ppr/wrti2.m3u (WRTI - Jazz 90.1 FM)
http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wrti/ppr/wrti.m3u (WRTI 90.1HD1)

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

groovetube66
Topic Author

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:06 pm

That fixed the problem. Thank you!

One more question: Will Radio Roku be around for the foreseeable future? If it will not be, now that Roku has made its money via the Netflix box, stick etc. it seems they could throw a bone to us long-time Soundbridge users by allowing the device to connect to another database.

bregent

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:30 pm

>Will Radio Roku be around for the foreseeable future?

I don't think anyone here in this forum can answer that. My guess is that it will be gone in a few years at best, but only Roku management can answer. Of course, even when RadioRoku is gone, your presets will still work and you could use something like Jamcast (reasonably priced now I might add) as a radio tuner for your Soundbridge. It works really well but you do need to have it running on a local PC.

> it seems they could throw a bone to us long-time Soundbridge users by allowing the device to connect to another database.

That would take a Soundbridge firmware update, since I believe the RadioRoku address is hardcoded into it. I can't imagine that will ever happen.

junknspam3

Tue May 24, 2016 10:31 am

You can still use your Soundbridge M500. Just go into the browser for your Soundbridge on your connected pc and change the presets to some stations that are still active.
My soundbridge web address is: "http://192.168.1.23/SoundBridge.html" Of course you will have to change the address to whatever your soundbridge's IP address on your network.
Then click on Presets and put in some addresses of stations playing on the internet.
Click save at the bottom.

Another issue with connecting with the old M500 is that finding a wireless router that still does WEP security. Newer wireless security formats aren't supported by the M500. But there is a work around. Just plug your Soundbridge directly into your network with an ethernet cord. You must remove the wireless card from the M500 in order for the wired connection to be seen by the M500.

The time servers for Roku Soundbridge are no longer active either but you can change the time server settings and get that working again too.
Go to the configuration page and change the Time Zone & Network Time to: "time-a.nist.gov" and click Update Time Zone & Time Server.
Good Luck bringing & keeping your Roku Soundbridge back to life.
Paul T

If you like Alternative Rock/Pop listen to my internet station, Sand Point Radio: http://s1.phx.icastcenter.com/tunein/sandptr2.asx
You can load that link into your presets on your Soundbridge and it will play. Thanks