Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

eddie44
Topic Author

iGoogle Widget

Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:23 am

Hello all,

Thanks for the wonderfull concept and smooth running page. I guess color and design is a matter of taste, but coding is perfect!

Just out of curiousity, would it be possible to see if the Roku widget could be made available as widget in iGoogle page. Would be really great, as is the whole idea itself.

Kind regards,

Eddie

wideasleep1

Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:18 am

Excellent idea! :)
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes,
rivers always reach the sea

M1000x2,M2000,Twonky 4.3.3 RC1 beta on LinkStation HGLAN400gig,Buffalo whr-g54s on DD-WRTfirmware-luv'in it!

alanmc

Please clarify

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:53 am

Not wishing to 'pour cold water' on this concept but what specifically would this widget actually do for us ?

Cheers, Alan

obvioustroll

Re: Please clarify

Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:34 pm

alanmc wrote:
Not wishing to 'pour cold water' on this concept but what specifically would this widget actually do for us ?

Cheers, Alan

Simply put, for those of us who use myGoogle/iGoogle, we could control our soundbridge without navigating away from our homepage.

On that subject - I noticed that someone wrote a Macintosh Soundbridge "remote" widget. Has the API for controlling the soundbridge been published? Is hacking encouraged? 8)

I'd love to write something that has the ability to show what's on the display of the soundbridge - a computerized remote isn't too useful if you have to be looking at the device anyway...

mjmeyer

Re: Please clarify

Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:42 am

obvioustroll wrote:
Simply put, for those of us who use myGoogle/iGoogle, we could control our soundbridge without navigating away from our homepage....

Tis a great project for the dev community, IMHO. I myself find a tabbed browser just fine for feeling like I havent drifted too far away from the warmth and security of my homepage.

Roku sould probably stay focused on RadioRoku as a config tool and keep the APIs to the device solid so we (the community) can go nuts building widgets and all manner of candy.

I'm digging the vista sidebar gadet/widget that's been brewing.