Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

DaveSF
Topic Author

Backwards / Forward option on listings

Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:02 pm

Hello to Moderators and forum members. It's my first time here, after a few weeks of some mistakes on my part. Thanks to Mike and Lyndon for their help. :)

Since signing up at RR, I've wanted to suggest that, as on other web pages I've visited, where pages are long with many items, the frwd/bk option at bottom of each page also be placed at top of pages in order to facilitate movement through the lists. I find that I usually have to move the slide-bar at right in order to get to bottom (or use other short-cut) of page to use the left/right (forward/back) options.

My thanks to you for considering this idea. Bye.
Cordially,
DaveSF :P

alanmc

I hope this helps

Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:43 am

How you see the page very much depends on the following factors:
1. The browser you use. (I'm a great Firefox fan, and for most sites it's my browser of choice. BUT with RadioRoku I've chosen to ALWAYS use IE 7).
2. Your screen-size and screen resolution of course also are a major consideration. If your PC can handle it 1600 x 1200 (or greater) will be the best option in my experience.

I hope this helps :D

DaveSF
Topic Author

Re: Backwards / Forward option on listings

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:15 pm

DaveSF wrote:
Hello to Moderators and forum members. It's my first time here, after a few weeks of some mistakes on my part. Thanks to Mike and Lyndon for their help. :)

Since signing up at RR, I've wanted to suggest that, as on other web pages I've visited, where pages are long with many items, the frwd/bk option at bottom of each page also be placed at top of pages in order to facilitate movement through the lists. I find that I usually have to move the slide-bar at right in order to get to bottom (or use other short-cut) of page to use the left/right (forward/back) options.

My thanks to you for considering this idea. Bye.
Cordially,
DaveSF :P

Thanks, Alan, for your reply. I also use speedy Firefox, but my main browser is IE 7. I understand your idea on this, but such a screen res. is much higher than practical for eyes that are approaching '70... Yep, you heard me right! :wink:

The fact remains that, in moving from page to page in any language listing, one is always taken to the top of page. And, by seeing the info at top and knowing that I must keep moving forward (or bkwrd), it would be so much easier to 'also' have those frwrd/bkwrd options at top as well. It's just a matter of page editting... but, who am I to tell you folk?... you are the experts at webpage design, altho', I do a bit myself for all my websites and web-radio. Again, thanks for your quick and kind reply. Have a nice week-end! :)
Cordially,
DaveSF

alanmc

Note this Dave

Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:17 am

FAO DaveSF

Let me clarify that I'm not with Roku, I'm merely a Volunteer 'stream-editor', and just to let you know I'm older than you :wink:

DaveSF
Topic Author

Re: Note this Dave

Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:09 pm

alanmc wrote:
FAO DaveSF

Let me clarify that I'm not with Roku, I'm merely a Volunteer 'stream-editor', and just to let you know I'm older than you :wink:

:lol: Hi, AMC... the laugh's on me! Great... now we need a lot more senior citizens so we're in the majority! :? Take care. Have a nice week!
Cordially,
DaveSF
in Puerto Rico