Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Zoom
Topic Author

I want my own "Favorites", not someone elses

Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:16 pm

I think it's a great idea with the Radio Roku site, but I have one problem; Every internet radio station, that is in the database has several URL's, submitted by different people. These URL's are rated by various other people - this is my big problem --> If I have a certain URL, then I want that specific URL to be "My" Favorite - I don't want the one that a lot of other people have rated as "The best", but that is what I get.

Example: I want the danish radio station "DR - P1" as one of my favorites. I've found the URL for the 128 Kbit stream, but the one rated highest - by other users - is a 64 Kbit stream!

I'm unable to have the 128 Kbit stream as my own personal favorite, because others have rated the 64 Kbit stream higher, so the SoundBridge will prioritize that stream over the one I want.

It might be that this stream could be unstable, when connected to from other countries - but I live in Denmark and use an ISP that has a direct link to DR - I will never have problems with that stream, and I prefer to have the best sound quality.

Best regards,
Thomas Christensen

Roku_alo

Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:39 pm

If you save the 128 Kbit "DR-P1" in a preset, you are in full control and I guess this station is more important than the other presets you have.

But... many users are calling for stream speed control as a separate feature, in many ways, so I expect that it will pop up in future firmware versions.

Anders (DK)

RokuMark

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:30 pm

Here's a way. As it's just a way and not a feature of any sorts, please take this as it is and do not report any issues with it:

If you drill down in edit or station detail to the linked stream urls for a station, you can play each one on your SoundBridge. Now, if you use your remote and click enter, save as preset, it will store this stream_url and use it from a preset. The only known side effect at this point is it will not show in your SoundBridge widget/presets on Radio Roku. It will appear as a blank entry.

fm.72

Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:53 pm

RokuMark wrote:
The only known side effect at this point is it will not show in your SoundBridge widget/presets on Radio Roku. It will appear as a blank entry.

Hi Mark,

that's odd - all my presets were saved manually, but they definitely show up correctly in my SoundBrige widget. Although I've occasionally seen it happen that it took some time before a newly saved preset showed up there...

I saved my presets using the web interface, not the remote. Having the same drawbacks in mind as Zoom, b.t.w. But that couldn't make any difference in this case as far as I can see. Or could it?

Just wondering....

Felix

RokuMark

Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:17 pm

Using the web interface asigns the station id to the preset. Using the remote does not if it is not the primary stream.

fm.72

Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:58 pm

I should have made myself clearer: I used the internal SoundBridge web interface to save my presets. Reading out the presets via RCP reveals that they don't have IDs. But they *do* show up in the RadioRoku presets widget...

RokuMark

Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:25 pm

OK - I'll take a look again.