Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

big_novak
Topic Author

Why can't I arrange my favorites?

Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:19 pm

This is really lame.

You change the menu options on my M2000 so it's harder to use my presets and tell me to use Favorites instead. But why can't I organize my favorites?

Such a simple feature, but you didn't feel we'd use it? Duh.

wideasleep1

Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:05 am

This would be a great feature.
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes,
rivers always reach the sea

M1000x2,M2000,Twonky 4.3.3 RC1 beta on LinkStation HGLAN400gig,Buffalo whr-g54s on DD-WRTfirmware-luv'in it!

markhood

Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:15 pm

It would certainly make 3.0 more tolerable. Better yet would be an option to display either the Presets or the Favorites by default when changing modes to Internet radio.

I really dislike having to rely on RadioRoku being up in order to access my favorite radio stations conveniently. During the recent server outages my M1000 would crash when it couldn't access RadioRoku, forcing me to power cycle the unit.

jdc1947

version 3.0

Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:40 am

Hey Guys, permit me to ‘dip my oar in the water’ here:

You’ve just got to face it – You’ve got 18 stations as a Presets (also as fallback if the server’s down) and a massive choice of 5,000+ stations that you could add to Favs in normal circumstances.

Now with 3.0 you've got the RadioRoku.com interface from your PC to the SoundBridge - so just what is so difficult in setting-up your Favourites and Presets (as mentioned in the first post of this topic)?
I recently set-up an alternative account in order to have different Favourites for one of my M1001s. To enter 35 stations into Favourites and 18 stations into Presets took under 5 mins by simply using the drag n' drop method from the Search Stations widget.

And on the same topic, whilst actually listening on your SoundBridge to a station that you like, what's so difficult about saving it to either your Presets or Favourites - It only takes a ‘couple’ of button-presses. i.e. Pressing the centre-button whilst the station is playing, then pressing the ‘down-arrow’ immediately offers you the option to save as a Preset or add to Favourites - Just what could be easier?

The current software is simple and quick to use – 18 Presets and ‘unlimited’ Favourites are Great Features in my book!

wideasleep1

Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:43 am

I'm NOT knocking the featureset we currently have...I simply want more control over it. It would be nice, for example, to have a self-created subset of weather-specific stations in favorites, or any genre for that matter. Presently, there's a lot of button pushes to get to a weather favorite (infrequent usage as I live in Cali!) and I simply don't want to waste a precious preset for a station rarely used, but need quick access to.
Then as it was, then again it will be

An' though the course may change sometimes,

rivers always reach the sea

M1000x2,M2000,Twonky 4.3.3 RC1 beta on LinkStation HGLAN400gig,Buffalo whr-g54s on DD-WRTfirmware-luv'in it!

jvolino

Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:07 am

I agree that the ability to arrange the favorites would be helpful, particularly as long as that's going to be the default menu item when you switch to Internet Radio mode on the SoundBridge. If I can make Presets the default list when you switch to Radio mode, then that would work, too.

--Judd

dave2007

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:27 am

I agree, I would like the ability to arrange favorites so I could have a list of say seach State or City to access at a given time. I would hope Roku Radio has already been reading our posts so we might see this feature in an upcoming upgrade.

Dave -

fredchan

Favorites

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:14 am

Please make "Favourites" rearrangement as easy as that for "presets" under http://192.168.0.3/SoundBridgePresets.html which is drag and drop into position...the best dynamic html I have seen implemented!