Currently it is extremely cumbersome to enter a WiFi security key into the SoundBridge.
I'd like you to add to future software versions the possibility to add the WPA or WEP key through the web interface of the SoundBridge M1001 (and any other models with wifi capability, of course).
In my mind, this would work as follows:
- Connect the SoundBridge to the network via a wired connection
- In a browser on a computer on the same network: connect to the SoundBridge's IP address.
- In the web interface, go to the "Configuration" page
- There would be an option there to select the wireless security encryption standard (WPA or WEP)
- A text field would be available to enter the key
- Save settings & exit.
I would then restart my SoundBridge without the wired network cable connected. Either this would enable the wireless network or a specific setting in configuration. Anyway, the result would then be a working WiFi connection which is almost hassle-free!