Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

croaudio
Topic Author

Station Language

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:23 am

Please change this option Serbo-Croatian to Croatian in Radio Roku Station language.
Official language in Croatia is Croatian and not Serbo-Croatian. Serbo-Croatian not exists at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatia
Thank you

alanmc

Language change -

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:10 pm

Just to confirm that I have emailed your request to the Administrator at RokuLabs . . . . if all goes well the existing language of Serbo-Croatian will merely be changed to Croatian in the Radio Roku Station language file, and in so doing it will automatically list all the relevant stations correctly.

Thank-you

fredchan

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:20 am

please also add traditional chinese and simplified Chinese as well as Korean, Vietnamese and Japanese. Thank you.

alanmc

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 am

Hi Fred
Just to confirm that I have emailed your requests to the Administrator at RokuLabs in the USA :D

RokuTed

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:57 am

Korean, Japanese, and Vietnamese are all already available.
Forgive my ignorance, but are traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese different from Mandarin and Cantonese, which are already available?

RokuMark

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:59 am

I believe this is a request for the SoundBridge itself.

RokuTed

Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:04 am

RokuMark, thanks for the clarification. My response was for Roku Radio.

fredchan

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:23 pm

RokuMark wrote:
I believe this is a request for the SoundBridge itself.

Yes, this is right, the request for the language support is for the Soundbridge.

fredchan

languages

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:39 pm

RokuTed wrote:
Korean, Japanese, and Vietnamese are all already available.
Forgive my ignorance, but are traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese different from Mandarin and Cantonese, which are already available?

There is just the one written language in China which was the traditional Chinese for thousands of years. Then the communist came along and simplified Chinese came into being. Essentially each word is simplified so that less pen stroke made up a word. This means that new learners should be able to write more quickly and learn faster. However in visually the traditional Chinese is more beautiful as they truely evolved from pictograms. The simplified strokes destroyed some of the visual impact. The spoken languages are however very varied and tonal sounds could be very different. Local slangs can make a dialect very difficult to understand too. The regional dialects like Mandarin (=Puttonghua) and Cantonese dominates the spoken dialects. Mandarin is the official spoken language in China. However the Cantonese is pervasive with overseas Chinese plus of course the entire province of Canton (=Gwangzhou). This means that countries like Canada, England, USA have local Cantonese stations. Other popular dialects are Hokkien (spoken in the Fukien region) , Shanghainese, Hakka, Chiuchau...on and on. Therefore in text form the Chinese language is always represented by traditional and simplified Chinese. Traditional Chinese is always used in Taiwan, Macao and Hong Kong. The Japanese Kanji and Korean Kanji are always traditional Chinese. Simplified Chinese is used Peoples' Republic of China. I would suggest that make/keep Taiwan and Macao as distinct "locations". They always use traditional Chinese.

tripko

Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:14 pm

Another language request here: PILIPINO that will cover Tagalog and Cebuano and other Philippine dialects.
SB M1000 : PSP Internet Radio : winecountrycurling.org : www.mogulus.com/curlingtv

alanmc

Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi tripco, welcome to the forums -

You will be pleased to note that 'Pilipino' has been added to our Language listing.

Cheers, Alan

tripko

Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:16 am

alanmc wrote:
Hi tripco, welcome to the forums -

You will be pleased to note that 'Pilipino' has been added to our Language listing.

Cheers, Alan

great! I'll edit a few Philippine talk stations
SB M1000 : PSP Internet Radio : winecountrycurling.org : www.mogulus.com/curlingtv

socalav

Station Language

Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:36 am

Just submitted TV5 from Mongolia for Radio Roku, but need to add Mongolian to the drop down language list. Although Mongolia was listed in the country list... :)

Thanks!
Eric

dupondt

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi Eric,

thanks for the information. Mongolian has been added to the list of languages and TV5 FM (Radio Roku station ID# 39435) has just been approved as a live station.

Greetings
dupondt
(Radio Roku Moderator)
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot