Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

fredchan
Topic Author

Vietnam as a country - location - please add this country

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:17 am

Please make country Vietnam available, I have added submitted a station already : Saigon Radio Hai Ngoai 106.3FM
mms://63.198.76.124:8080/live
which I am playing as a preset now on the Soundbridge.
:D

alanmc

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:26 am

Just to confirm that I have emailed your request re Vietnam to the Administrator at RokuLabs -

Cheers, Alan

RokuTed

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:55 am

The country Vietnam is available.

fredchan
Topic Author

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:40 pm

RokuTed wrote:
The country Vietnam is available.

Vietnam is not available on the Soundbridge.

fredchan
Topic Author

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:44 pm

Please also add Macau as another location. The languages here are Cantonese and Portugese. Most people however speak Cantonese.

fredchan
Topic Author

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:48 pm

While you are there, please also add to the Soundbridge: Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh.

RokuMark

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:03 pm

Vietnam is not available on the Soundbridge.

Until a station (live approved) for a country (Vietnam) is available, it will not show on the SoundBridge.

We only show countries that have live approved stations.

The same will be true for
While you are there, please also add to the Soundbridge: Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh.

Please also add Macau as another location
- from my childhood in Hong Kong etc, it's been a long time, and please correct me if I am wrong, but Macau is not a country, so you can put this in the location field in Radio Roku for a station.

fredchan
Topic Author

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:20 am

Macao is not a country.. then again there are many many small places on this planet that are NOT countries as they are so small. Please either put Macao as a location on its own as Macao or add it to Portugal as this place is by USA immigration as part of Europe (Portugal)!!'
There is one station there in Cantonese mms://202.175.80.10/LiveAudio which works when I play it on the PC from the radioroku.com web page when I sign on and put this stream as a preset (played from My Soundbridge" panel on the web page but it would NOT work on the Soundbridge. Is this a problem with the Soundbridge firmware?

dupondt

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:48 am

@RokuMark and fredchan:

Concerning Macao (or Macau) you're both a little bit off the track. This former Portuguese colony is now a so called "Special Administrative Region" of the People's Republic of China and thus has a status similar to that of Hong Kong (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macau for details).

@RokuMark:

There is a country called Hong Kong in Radio Roku, so there should be a country called Macao, too. As an alternative you could delete the entry for Hong Kong and assign PRC to all stations residing in Hong Kong and Macao.

@fredchan:

I'm afraid you will have to accept the fact that some streams that play on your PC won't play on the Soundbridges (in this special case the Soundbriges cannot connect to the stream properly). There may be different reasons for this, RokuMark could perhaps explain these from a technical point of view.

Greetings from Germany
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

mfahey

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:51 am

Are we sure that Saigon Radio Hai Ngoai should be listed in the country location of Vietnam? The station is an FM station loacted in Westminster CA USA.

OK well the station broadcasts in Vietamise. But that doesn't mean it should be listed under the Vietnam country location.

After all if we followed that logic we might as well put all the stations in the world that broadcast in the English language in the United Kingdom location - like the station broadcasts in English, therefore the station is from England!

Cheers,
Mark