Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

vayapues
Topic Author

SECURITY ISSUE

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:17 am

Each firmware update, I expect this to be corrected, and it never is.
---------

The Issue:
When setting up the wireless network, your password is displayed in real characters instead of asterisks. All well and good if you are alone in the room.

However, if you have a house full of guests, and you happen to loose your connection, the only way to continue your show is to go through the wireless setup process again. This flashes your password across the screen for everyone in the room to see.

Can you PLEASE address this. It is very frustrating to have to say to all your friends, "uh close your eyes while I reconnect, because I don't trust you, and Roku is about to flash you my password" Not to mention that using asterisks is the industry standard.

DerekHelps

Re: SECURITY ISSUE

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:33 pm

You may want to try posting this to the appropriate board. The board you have posted in is for radioroku.com features, not Roku DVP features. in the Roku Digital Video Player General Discussion board there is actually a feature request thread for posting of feature requests just like this.

Its in fact, unlikely that anyone working on the DVP side of things will see a post on this particular board.

The feature request thread for DVP products is located at:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16753
Netgear WNR2000v2
Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware acting as Client Bridge
Soundbridge M2000/M500/R1000
Roku 2 XS 3100
-------------------------------------------------
It's all in the <sup>details</sup>