Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Deviancy
Topic Author

"My Feed" = Not Working

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Late last night I noticed the tv shows I follow on "My Feed" had vanished.  I checked the shows by running a search and they all were set to "Follow on Roku", I found this to be odd because I didn't remove them.  I then tried to re-add them last night but the player just sat there, it didn't prompt me to confirm following them or anything.  I tried doing a soft restart and I also unplugged the player for 2 minutes, that didn't help whatsoever so I just went to sleep.

Today I checked "My Feed" and the shows were still gone but when I went to "follow them", I got the prompt to accept following them and now the shows all say that I'm following them.  However, while I am following them, when I go to "My Feed", they're not on the list, I just have Movies, TV Shows, and Coming Soon on the list.  I thought maybe my Roku was buggered but I then went and checked my brothers Roku 2, same exact model, and I tried to follow some shows on his player.  Like my player, I got the prompt to accept following the shows and like my player, the shows don't show up on the "My feed" list.

In short, I'm assuming there's something fubared on Roku's end?  And if so, is there any ETA when this will be fixed?

Lost In Delaware

Re: "My Feed" = Not Working

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:03 am

I have also been having an issue the My Feed items disappearing.

I have a bunch of shows missing.

Also, just like you, if I search for a missing show, it says I am following it. If I unfollow and refollow it , it still doesn't show up.

Very annoying.

The My Feed is something that gave Roku a competitive edge over FireTV in my opinion, but now it's useless.

Lost In Delaware

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:07 am

I also should point out that there had been several times over the last couple of weeks leading up to this latest issue that they all disappeared.

Most of the time they would show back up the next day, but one time I had to re-add them all.

Deviancy
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Lost In Delaware wrote:
I also should point out that there had been several times over the last couple of weeks leading up to this latest issue that they all disappeared.

Most of the time they would show back up the next day, but one time I had to re-add them all.

Today, not only are the shows I've added still gone, a show I never added, something about fixing houses up, was added.

On top of that, the ads on the right hand of the screen are loading pretty slow today.  According to the speedtest channel on Roku my speeds are at about 40-60mbps but the ads are still loading pretty slow at times, its like a routing issue.

Deviancy
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Another odd issue, the speedtest channel on Roku is only picking up 4 servers today, it usually picks up 6.

Opal23

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Deviancy wrote:
Late last night I noticed the tv shows I follow on "My Feed" had vanished.  I checked the shows by running a search and they all were set to "Follow on Roku", I found this to be odd because I didn't remove them.  I then tried to re-add them last night but the player just sat there, it didn't prompt me to confirm following them or anything.  I tried doing a soft restart and I also unplugged the player for 2 minutes, that didn't help whatsoever so I just went to sleep.

Today I checked "My Feed" and the shows were still gone but when I went to "follow them", I got the prompt to accept following them and now the shows all say that I'm following them.  However, while I am following them, when I go to "My Feed", they're not on the list, I just have Movies, TV Shows, and Coming Soon on the list.  I thought maybe my Roku was buggered but I then went and checked my brothers Roku 2, same exact model, and I tried to follow some shows on his player.  Like my player, I got the prompt to accept following the shows and like my player, the shows don't show up on the "My feed" list.

In short, I'm assuming there's something fubared on Roku's end?  And if so, is there any ETA when this will be fixed?

I am having this exact same problem. I filed a report but have heard nothing about it.

Opal23

Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Deviancy wrote:

Have you received any response? I got an email saying "If this problem persists, reply to this email and you will hear from us shortly" but no response and my Feed is still missing.

Opal23

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Deviancy wrote:

I just wasted about 30 minutes with Roku Support. He said they're doing a "scheduled maintenance " on the My Feed and while it's going on, we can't see our Feed. He said he couldn't give me an ETA on when it would be fixed. I pressed him on it but all he could suggest was "check back in 2 or 3 days." I got so angry I just ended the chat. I don't believe what he said.

danman75

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:33 am

I have the same problem.  I opened a support case, and was told the same thing about scheduled maintenance.  I was advised to try again on March 14th (meanwhile it was already March 16th when I opened the case).  I sent 2 more follow ups requesting help and haven't yet gotten another response.  my feed takes forever to load, its missing most of the shows I follow and the ones that are there i have no option to unfollow.  If i want to unfollow a show that I'm following , I have to do a search for the show, then  unfollow it, I can't do it from my feed like i used to be able to.  If I want to follow a new show, i search for it, choose Follow then go back to my feed and it's not even there.  If I try to do any of this through the mobile app, I can't follow or unfollow anything, I get a bunch of errors that there is no program provider found.  Something clearly got messed up sometime last week and it would be nice to at least get a response with some meaningful information.  as a new customer (1 month), this is a really poor experience.  To me, Roku is pointless without a working Feed.

Opal23

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:02 pm

I agree with you. The Feed was so useful and a main reason I was glad I chose Roku over Apple TV or Chromecast.

Opal23

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:24 pm

Deviancy wrote:

I called a Roku support number and it turned out to be fake. He told me to get into my computer and run this program to allow them access. I hung up.

atc98092

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:21 am

Opal23 wrote:
Deviancy wrote:

I called a Roku support number and it turned out to be fake. He told me to get into my computer and run this program to allow them access. I hung up.

Yes, there are some phony support sites on the Internet. Always make sure you use the official Roku web site for any contact information. No honest Roku support will ask to connect to your computer, as there's nothing you can do with your Roku from a computer. At least, nothing 1st level support would want to do.
Roku Stick (2016), 4 and Ultra, Insignia Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network. Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V679, 40+Mbps DSL from CenturyLink