Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Deviancy

Re: 7.6 firmware available on some Roku TVs and all Roku 1 and 4s.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:20 pm

RokuDale wrote:
Roku-2 and Roku-3, and early roku sticks are now paused again while we evaluate the additional results we are getting from the field.
Thanks for your patience.
rokudale

When I check for manual updates on my Roku 2, I'm still being prompted to download 7.6.  In short, I can't re-add the speedtest channel because I don't want to install the 7.6 firmware.

Now that the update is paused on the Roku 2 again, I imagine its the 4210, will the prompt to manually install 7.6 go away or do I need to restart the Roku to make it go away?

RokuDale
Roku Engineering
Topic Author

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:24 pm

For the ones on pause, the prompt should go away. If you are already on 7.6 though, you will be allowed to update to the latest 7.6, you just won't be allowed to update from 7.5 (or earlier) to 7.6

vnazario

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:05 am

RokuDale wrote:
 For the ones on pause, the prompt should go away. If you are already on 7.6 though, you will be allowed to update to the latest 7.6, you just won't be allowed to update from 7.5 (or earlier) to 7.6

Hello RokuDale:
   Will your team ever work on the Roku 2 XS stability/sudden reboot issues?  Sadly, I was hoping for at least some improvement with the new fw update but yet again no improvements on this issue.  
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps

Kel B Gard

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Does this update fix aspect ratio, tv picture size issue on brand new roku tv

evo34

Re: 7.6 firmware available on some Roku TVs and all Roku 1,2,3, and 4s.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:31 pm

RokuDale wrote:
I was hoping to limit this thread to non Ultra,Express,Premier, and Premier+, but I will say there is an active investigation into the popping and clicking problem on Ultra.

The issue about the lag/sluggish display on Roku-3 is still being investigated.

There is also an issue with Roku-3 and Roku-2 where the 7.6 firmware doesn't take and it reboots back to 7.5, or the Roku seems to be in a state of constant rebooting. If you are experiencing any of those problems please contact us.
thanks
rokudale

Can you describe the Roku 3 lag issue in more detail?  I'm having huge issues with MLB TV lagging/freezing this season, and none in the past.  The entire Roku becomes stuck for a period of minutes.  Pressing the remote will result in the remote sound, but nothing will happen.  I assumed it was an issue with the channel, but please post if it's something about the Roku 3.

Itoogood

Mon May 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Experiencing 4-5 second lag with every remote input ever since I manually updated to 7.6.0. Multiple reboots attempted.

Roku3 4200x s/n 1GJ37V030643
7.6.0 BUILD 4125-04
Wired internet, cable, TWC 100 MBPS download
HDMI to 1080p LG LCD
Universal MX-780 remote and Android App...same results.

Help!

Thanks.

DesertJoe

Wed May 10, 2017 9:31 am

I [font=-apple-system, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]manually updated my Roku 3 to 7.6.0.[/font]
I am experiencing 3-4 second lag with my remote input ever since I updated to 7.6.0.
Most annoying is my TV screen blacks out for that 3-4 second lag time.
Then the screen come back on & the same thing happens again on the next input. 
I tried Multiple reboots with the same results
Happens with all Roku Menu Choices, Netflix, Amazon & Hulu

Is it possible to download the 7.5 software and re-install it?
Please Help, Thanks

erinb11

Mon May 15, 2017 5:24 pm

This 7.6 update killed my ROKU stick. It keeps bumping me off my HDMI input. When I reboot the whole system and start over, it kicks me off at the "detect screen size" screen. Have changed input outlets and power sources to no avail. Purchased last July.

smilingmaybe

Fri May 19, 2017 7:22 pm

I have a Hisense 48h4c Roku TV.

Software Version: 7.6.0
Build: 4117

Issues:

* The interface is, in general, much slower/laggier. Sometimes. Let me explain:
* Sometimes (usually the first time opening the app/channel) pressing volume up/down on the remote, and it takes ~2-3 seconds for the volume indicator to show up on the TV
* Most times when going from a channel with "lag", to another channel, then back to the original channel, the "lag" vanishes, and everything is responsive again. 
* However, over time without any input from the remote, the "lag" returns, and when I press volume up/down/etc, it can take ~2-3 seconds for the volume indicator to show up on the TV again
* The main difference is that it's just now lagging for that first action. For instance, if I press volume up after a length of time with no remote input, it lags. But, pressing volume up/down again within a few seconds, and there's no lag. 

* Pressing the "Home" button on the remote when in some channels/apps, it takes 5-6 seconds to go back to the Home screen. Not all apps/channels. For instance, it takes 5-6 seconds to go "Home" from within Netflix, but there's no discernable lag when pressing "Home" while in the Plex app. 

* Netflix defaults to 5.1 audio, even though my Roku TV audio settings are set to Stereo. Audio defaulting to 5.1 seems to be the case for most (all?) apps/channels, actually. In the case of Netflix, it doesn't seem to matter, as I hear zero difference between choosing the 5.1 audio stream or the stereo audio stream (though it's interesting to note the bandwidth used is very different; ~2 Mbps when using stereo audio, and ~6 Mbps when using 5.1, so the bandwidth differences would probably make being able to have Netflix/channels actually recognize my stereo output and select stereo as the default audio...useful). 
* However, 5.1 and stereo audio sounding the same on my Roku TV's stereo output isn't the case for some other apps/channels, such as Plex. I have video files with 5.1 audio on my Plex server, and their volume is quite low via the Plex app on the Roku TV. However, if I manually transcode a file to stereo audio, the volume is much louder on my Roku TV. It was my understanding that the Plex app is supposed to automatically transcode audio/video based on the player capabilities (ie: Roku TV in this case). It's not decoding 5.1 audio to stereo, it seems. Is this because apps/channels have no way of discerning what the Roku TV's audio output is and just assume it's 5.1?

I'm not sure how many of these issues are specific to 7.6.0, Build 4117, though I'm pretty sure the remote input lag is new to the update. 

Just thought I'd share. 

atc98092

Sat May 20, 2017 8:40 am

DesertJoe wrote:
I [font=-apple-system, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]manually updated my Roku 3 to 7.6.0.[/font]
I am experiencing 3-4 second lag with my remote input ever since I updated to 7.6.0.
Most annoying is my TV screen blacks out for that 3-4 second lag time.
Then the screen come back on & the same thing happens again on the next input. 
I tried Multiple reboots with the same results
Happens with all Roku Menu Choices, Netflix, Amazon & Hulu

Is it possible to download the 7.5 software and re-install it?
Please Help, Thanks

Roku firmware can only be installed from their site, with no method . There is no method to update via file, with the exception of the TVs. I did use USB to update the firmware on the Insignia Roku TV I have, but prior versions were not available. Unknown if Roku will allow installing prior versions in this manner. I know my Sony BD players gave an error when trying to install older firmware, and would not continue. My Samsung TV does the same, simply saying the firmware was up to date.
Dan
Roku Stick (2016), 4 and Ultra, Insignia Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network. Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V679, 40+Mbps DSL from CenturyLink

smilingmaybe

Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:49 pm

After updating to 7.6 4120, my HiSense Roku TV will reboot after playing content for a couple of hours on both Plex or Netflix. 

If I use an HDMI input and stream via an Xbox, I've had that go all day without any issues. 

Also, Netflix is still very laggy, and it still takes a good 5+ seconds (1, 1000, 2, 1000, 3, 10000, etc) when pressing the "Home" button to go home from the Netflix app.