Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

chupa7
Topic Author

I love the private listening feature on my Ultra

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:28 am

I seriously considered waiting for the next Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV. I have Chromecast built into my TV boxes through Google Fiber, but wanted a simple streaming device with universal search and voice control  I could browse through for my main living room TV without messing with my phone. My biggest problem was watching TV at night upsetting everyone in the house. I'd just like to say how much I absolutely love the private listening feature, the headphone jack built into my remote, use it all the time. When I first saw it advertised thought it'd be nice, but wasn't that big of a deal. I couldn't see myself being without it now and would like to compliment the Roku engineers for achieving such an elegant private listening solution. I also love how fast this quiet little machine is, Roku's content agnostic approach and voice command feature in universal search. 

MikeFromMesa

Re: I love the private listening feature on my Ultra

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:09 pm

I have the Premiere+ and it also has the private listening port on the remote. I agree with you that it is actually much more useful than I expected it to be. I ordered the P+ at least partially because of the private listening but I now find that I would not want to do without it.

empirefalls

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:10 pm

For over 5 years,  I spend about 5-10 hours a day using headphones via the Roku remote. [Part of the 5-10 hours a day is listening to all night radio via the Tunein radio channel]

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:17 pm

empirefalls wrote:
For over 5 years,  I spend about 5-10 hours a day using headphones via the Roku remote. [Part of the 5-10 hours a day is listening to all night radio via the Tunein radio channel]

How often do you have to use new batteries (or recharge them)?

empirefalls

Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:17 am

mikebdoss wrote:
empirefalls wrote:

How often do you have to use new batteries (or recharge them)?

UN-Rechargeable batteries last 1-4 days 
Rechargeable Batteries need to be charged about every 4 days when new, than quickly to 3 days, than 2, than down to daily. Lasting about 6-12 months.  
When buying new re chargeable batteries, 'Pre charged' rechargeable batteries do not seem to last as long as non-pre changeable batteries.

kakasi08

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:33 am

This is what i'm looking about the batteries..... I'll try Un battery

Rcosta

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:57 am

I really desire the private listening feature on my Roku 4, but the issue is that the private listening works for me if I use a "wired" headset, but in my opinion wired headsets are so 20th century. I own an upper end stereo bluetooth headset and the functionality works for a minute or two, then drops out and reestablishes. Not usable. Shame. This feature for bluetooth functionality would require much more development. Shame!
Roku 4 w/32 GB MicroSD
Roku Stick (3600r)
Roku Premier
Insignia 39" Roku TV
Asus O! Play Mini w/1TB
Sony BDP-6500 up-scaling 4K Blueray DVD