Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuDale
Roku Engineering

Re: Roku Express Invalid Format Error

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:52 am

Great, that's all it is intended for. Something other than factory resetting your device.

Andl2ea

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:27 pm

RokuDale wrote:
If you are in auto mode, Try this:
Home Home Home
up
ok
down down down
ok
down
ok
wait 5 seconds
ok
wait 5 seconds
up
ok

AWESOME!!!! This worked for me! I havent turned my tv off yet so Im not sure if the audio format will revert back to the update but Im taking a screenshot of this so I dont have to deal with this headache anymore! Thanks so much!

RetiredGuy

Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:43 pm

acarpe wrote:
Retired Guy, have you gotten any help? I have a Roku express and it has worked well for several months and now all of a sudden i am getting a invalid format message. i am getting  very frustrated. Roku has virtually no customer support for this product. The TV it is on is a 720dpi, I took it to another room with a tv with 1080dpi and it works fine. So I went into the settings and changed it from auto detect to 720dpi. I then took it back to the original tv and and the same thing. i have changed the HDMI cords, and I did the same switching of TV's and settings a second time. Everytime I get the same message of invalid format. I am very upset and would like to know if anyone from Roku reads these posts or if anyone has any suggestions that I can try. This should not be this difficult!

acarpe. Help appears to be on the way based on other comments, but no time frame is set. The button sequence provided by RokuDale later in this string worked for me. I can now make my Express read and link with my Phillips TV at 720p. It still goes haywire when I turn off the TV; however, it is less than a minute of button pushing to secure the handshake. I don't have to re-register my Express or any of my aps.

Kimball31

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:30 pm

RokuDale wrote:
If you are in auto mode, Try this:
Home Home Home
up
ok
down down down
ok
down
ok
wait 5 seconds
ok
wait 5 seconds
up
ok

That worked on my Ultra 4640

acarpe

Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Thank you all so.much! That actually worked. How will we know when the have the permenant fix?