Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
Mazz
Topic Author
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 3:45 pm

The Roku Channel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:26 am

Good day,
      Small inquiry about The Roku Channel,VIDMARK and TMC(Time Machine Channel).These 3 channels have not worked since this past weekend.Nothing loads and for some reason some people are affected while other's are not.Wondering if anyone else is having these issues or if maybe it's a problem in certain part of the country(down servers).Might be other channels not working but these are the 3 i have tried so far and ones people are saying are not working.

                                                                                               Thanks!
 
JMM1
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:43 am

Re: The Roku Channel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 am

I tried The Roku Channel early on. It played 5 commercials in a row and then wouldn't load the movie that was suppose to play. I haven't been back since.

I see it advertised a lot now but I don't know if it actually is working.
 
atc98092
Posts: 2148
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: The Roku Channel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:35 am

I've been using the Roku channel quite often recently. The stream always starts and plays about 8-10 minutes before the first commercial appears. I don't think I've seen more than three ads in a row, and usually only two. Can't say why it is working differently for different people. I've used in on my Roku 4, Insignia TV, and Ultra without issue the past week.
Dan
Roku Stick (2016), 4 and Ultra, Insignia Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network. Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V679, 60+Mbps CenturyLink DSL
 
Mazz
Topic Author
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: The Roku Channel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:42 am

On the Roku Channel i get "Cannot access Program" ..."(Movie Title) is not available Try again"...VIDMARK samething and TMC just boots you to next movie or episode with nothing playing.TMC could be the developers updating.
 
User avatar
Elijah_Baley
Posts: 3067
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:40 am
Location: Poquoson, VA

Re: The Roku Channel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:01 am

Mazz wrote:
On the Roku Channel i get "Cannot access Program" ..."(Movie Title) is not available Try again"...VIDMARK samething and TMC just boots you to next movie or episode with nothing playing.TMC could be the developers updating.

I get that message whenever I forget and leave my VPN (which is required for some consulting I do) turned on. Once I turn it off in my router everything works fine.
Two Roku 3s and a Roku 1 and a Roku Ultra
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
 
Mazz
Topic Author
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: The Roku Channel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:04 am

So what i tried,Changed my DNS (i use a redirection service)Rebooted router and Roku..Pulled out the MicroSD card(incase of corruption)Get same errors.I run a Premiere+ Roku.It's not a huge problem i can find these programs elsewhere,just irks me when something is not working and i can't find a fix!
 
User avatar
Elijah_Baley
Posts: 3067
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:40 am
Location: Poquoson, VA

Re: The Roku Channel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 am

Mazz wrote:
So what i tried,Changed my DNS (i use a redirection service)Rebooted router and Roku..Pulled out the MicroSD card(incase of corruption)Get same errors.I run a Premiere+ Roku.It's not a huge problem i can find these programs elsewhere,just irks me when something is not working and i can't find a fix!

The redirection service could well be what is causing your problem. Changing the DNS while still having the redirection active may well have no effect just as my VPN no matter what server I choose (except for one) still produces the error.
Two Roku 3s and a Roku 1 and a Roku Ultra
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
 
Mazz
Topic Author
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: The Roku Channel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:27 am

Elijah_Baley wrote:
Mazz wrote:
So what i tried,Changed my DNS (i use a redirection service)Rebooted router and Roku..Pulled out the MicroSD card(incase of corruption)Get same errors.I run a Premiere+ Roku.It's not a huge problem i can find these programs elsewhere,just irks me when something is not working and i can't find a fix!

The redirection service could well be what is causing your problem. Changing the DNS while still having the redirection active may well have no effect just as my VPN no matter what server I choose (except for one) still produces the error.

Problem if i turn it off my DNS Roku won't work and i can't test it being in Canada my icons disappear.I can wait it out,thanks for the help.
 
User avatar
Basil
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 4413
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:26 am
Location: Savannah, GA
Contact:

Re: The Roku Channel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 am

Wait. You're having trouble trying to get a channel that isn't authorized in your actual area? Or am I reading it wrong?
Basil
http://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660), Roku 2 (4210), Roku Stick (3600)
Apple TV (4th gen), Fire TV, TiVo, Chromecast

Previous:
Roku first, second, third, & fourth generation boxes.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd gen)
 
Mazz
Topic Author
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: The Roku Channel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:35 am

Basil wrote:
Wait. You're having trouble trying to get a channel that isn't authorized in your actual area? Or am I reading it wrong?

I use a DNS redirection service to have access to American content,so yea it's not available to me.It was working fine until this weekend then 3 channels went down.Now maybe they have geo-blocked but i can access the channels just not the content inside without an error.Dns services are no different than a VPN to be able to access content not available to someone.But i am not the only 1 having an issue and the others are actually living in the States.
 
User avatar
Elijah_Baley
Posts: 3067
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:40 am
Location: Poquoson, VA

Re: The Roku Channel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:42 am

Mazz wrote:
Basil wrote:
Wait. You're having trouble trying to get a channel that isn't authorized in your actual area? Or am I reading it wrong?

I use a DNS redirection service to have access to American content,so yea it's not available to me.It was working fine until this weekend then 3 channels went down.Now maybe they have geo-blocked but i can access the channels just not the content inside without an error.Dns services are no different than a VPN to be able to access content not available to someone.But i am not the only 1 having an issue and the others are actually living in the States.

Well I guess now we are on the countdown to thread lock:
5...4...3...
  • Usage of VPNs to circumvent establish regional broadcast rules should not be discussed on this forum.  Be aware that if you post a question regarding the use of a VPN, OR you post a thread discussing bypassing regional restrictions, your thread will be locked immediately.    2...1...
Two Roku 3s and a Roku 1 and a Roku Ultra
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
 
User avatar
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: The Roku Channel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:30 am

Elijah_Baley wrote:
Well I guess now we are on the countdown to thread lock:
5...4...3...
  • Usage of VPNs to circumvent establish regional broadcast rules should not be discussed on this forum.  Be aware that if you post a question regarding the use of a VPN, OR you post a thread discussing bypassing regional restrictions, your thread will be locked immediately.    2...1...

Yup.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests