Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Rob S
Topic Author

SmugMug API Return invalid.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:05 am

Beginning around June 11 I began seeing this message whenever trying to access SmugMug.  
Any suggestions for a fix will be very much appreciated since we use this app a lot.
Last edited by Rob S on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

twiceover

Re: SmugMug API Return invalid.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 am

Contact the channel developer yet? Roku doesn't make the channels.

Rob S
Topic Author

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:43 am

No I haven't.  Since I can access this normally on the computer and I haven't found an email link on the SmugMug page I thought this a better place to start.  I know there have been similar problems with Pandora and made the assumption that this was ROKU related.
Not so???

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:14 am

It’s best to contact the app developer, or service that the app represents. However, this user supported forum is a good resource for issues that others may have encountered.

The Fourn Rules listed at the top (https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=38665) not only offer the dos and don’ts of the forum, but give suggestions about the information needed when asking for help.

While I haven’t used SmugMug, I’ve used Pandora with no issue. Perhaps my setup is different than yours. That’s where the info in the Rules would be helpful.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku 2 (4210), Roku Stick (3600)
Apple TV (4th gen), Fire TV, TiVo, Android TV (MiBox)

Previous:
Roku generation 1, 2, 3, & 4 boxes.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd gen)

Rob S
Topic Author

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:12 am

Thanks for the advice.

I'm in unfamiliar territory trying to sort this out.  I've read the guidelines as you suggested but this still leaves me with no idea how to find the correct place to get help or advice.  

So far I've tried this forum, SmugMug, and Github and no one so far has given me advice or an actual name or link I can try.

If I'm in the wrong place with this enquiry I apologise and if any one can send me off to somewhere more appropriate I would be very grateful. ;-)

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:34 am

Rob S wrote:
If I'm in the wrong place with this enquiry I apologise and if any one can send me off to somewhere more appropriate I would be very grateful. ;-)

Not saying you’re necessarily in the wrong place. Just that it’s unlikely to be a Roku issue, or it would be widespread.

However, One thing you’re missing is that the Forum Rules also tell you that the info about your setup will help troubleshooting the issue. You’ve not provided that info.

I mentioned it’s working for me (Pandora, which you said is also acting up), but I mentioned my setup may be different. That when I mentioned the Forum Rules, which also list the stuff needed.

At a minimum, the model number, the Roku software version and build, and app software version. Again, the Forum Rules list other stuff that might be needed to help.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku 2 (4210), Roku Stick (3600)
Apple TV (4th gen), Fire TV, TiVo, Android TV (MiBox)

Previous:
Roku generation 1, 2, 3, & 4 boxes.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd gen)

Rob S
Topic Author

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:19 am

1)  I seem to have inadvertently given the impression that I also have a Pandora issue.  Not so.  I had read a post relating to this somewhere on this site whilst searching for a solution to my SmugMug troubles and thought it might be related.  Sorry to mislead.  
As far as I know Smug Mug is the only site I can't reach.  
2)   When SmuGMug replied to my email asking for help they suggested that this might be a problem with the API needing to be updated.  Nothing to do with them!  Certainly neither my wife nor I have any difficulties accessing SmugMug through our desktops, laptops, a Chromebook, our Android cell phones and and an Amazon Fire.  To me this suggests that this is a ROKU issue but I make no claims to really understand a lot of the issues involved.
3)  I have tried a system update - no updates available.  I also ran a system restart - no change, SmugMug still gets the same API error.
4)  Here is all the information I can find relating to my ROKU:-
ROKU 3  SER# 4E7571021795.  Software 80.0 build 4184-04.  I'm not sure how to find the app version although SmugMug gave the impression it was old.  I have no idea how I might get an update or even if one exists.
Hopefully this gives enough information to make some suggestions possible.  

Post Script.  The SmugMug app appears to be Version 1.0  Build 17.    Version 1.0 appears to date from August 2014.

ceastman

Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:17 pm

I have 2 Roku boxes that are both working perfectly except for SmugMug.  Both give the Bad response   API return invalid.  Try again later.  I don't know how long it's been like that since I haven't tried to use them in a while.  I will reboot them but don't have much hope.  I hope to get an answer on this forum.
Help !

Rob S
Topic Author

Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:05 pm

It seems I'm not alone!  

If you could post the same information on the your ROKUs that I've been able to get from the System tab on mine it may help someone to come up with a solution for us.