Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Precise1

Re: Fox News suddenly not working

Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:59 am

I thinks its a Roku problem. It is telling me that “service provider currently doesn’t grant access to this content.” My service provider it Roku.

I use directv to and att to access in on my Roku and on my IPhone. I have no problem watching it on my phone.

guitarmanrrg

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:45 am

I would agree that it is Roku's problem to see Fox fixes the apps that are allowed in their system as soon as possible. They have to be proactive to see that Fox fixes them, not just pass on feedback.
We've passed this feedback along to Fox News.

RokuTannerD

Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:41 am

The use of 'service provider' is referring to your cable/satellite/TV subscription provider, not your Roku device. The error message you are seeing relates to an issue with the authentication mechanism used by that channel publisher to verify your cable/satellite/TV provider credentials in their systems, and authorize the content to stream to your Roku device. 

Roku is a device/software platform that offers service providers the ability to publish a channel (app). When issues are reported with a channel, we alert the channel publisher (who develops the channel) and request that they investigate and resolve the issue. This process is similar to how a mobile app issue would be handled on a mobile device. For example, Google/Android or Apple/iOS do not resolve app issues directly as they do not develop the apps; they request that the app developer review and resolve issues within their app and provide an updated version that addresses the issue. 

Rest assured we have reached out accordingly and are awaiting further resolution from the channel publisher. Contacting them directly would be the best way to receive the latest status updates on their progress. 

Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any further questions that I can assist with. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

guitarmanrrg

Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Thank you so much.

overtimeman

Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Download the Fox Now app from the store.It has a live stream of Fox News and so far it's been stable.
I used to have a life before Roku!

dad004

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:23 am

Thanks Overtimeman.

guitarmanrrg

Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:06 am

It's finally is working again! Thanks to whoever fixed it.

Legierk

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:20 am

Pretty sure it was a Fox App issue, only because after the app updated, it began working fine again. My frustration was from the fact that it took so long for Fox or Roku to admit there was an issue, and then no acceptance of responsibility.

guitarmanrrg

Thu May 09, 2019 5:30 am

Here we go again...mine stopped working. NUTS!

RokuTannerD

Mon May 13, 2019 10:59 am

Hey everyone, 

Fox Sports is launching another channel today, called Fox Sports GO. This channel will feature a different selection of content than the standard Fox Sports channel, focused on providing access to local and regionally available content in your area. 

You can check out the new Fox Sports GO channel here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/285486/fox-sports-go-new

For more information about specific content offerings in each channel, please feel free to contact Fox Sports support for more information. 

https://www.foxsports.com/supports/contact-us

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager