Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
 
Wovenx
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:54 pm

M7MY ip cam from microseven  - can't get it to work with IP basic. Any ideas? I use the discovery and it finds the ip/port/camera - but the scan for onvif finds no mjpeg  URLs?
How exactly does the app work? "Discover" shows a "link" (ONVIF) but selecting that doesn't work.
 
ioan
Topic Author
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:23 pm

Wovenx wrote:
M7MY ip cam from microseven  - can't get it to work with IP basic. Any ideas? I use the discovery and it finds the ip/port/camera - but the scan for onvif finds no mjpeg  URLs?
How exactly does the app work? "Discover" shows a "link" (ONVIF) but selecting that doesn't work.

The application only works with cameras that support jpeg/mjpeg encoding. If your camera has a "substream" make sure is configured as "mjpeg".
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
 
Wovenx
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:13 pm

ioan wrote:
Wovenx wrote:
M7MY ip cam from microseven  - can't get it to work with IP basic. Any ideas? I use the discovery and it finds the ip/port/camera - but the scan for onvif finds no mjpeg  URLs?
How exactly does the app work? "Discover" shows a "link" (ONVIF) but selecting that doesn't work.

The application only works with cameras that support jpeg/mjpeg encoding. If your camera has a "substream" make sure is configured as "mjpeg".

Thanks - I've contacted the company to check this out.
 
Wovenx
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:44 pm

Wovenx wrote:
ioan wrote:
Wovenx wrote:
M7MY ip cam from microseven  - can't get it to work with IP basic. Any ideas? I use the discovery and it finds the ip/port/camera - but the scan for onvif finds no mjpeg  URLs?

The application only works with cameras that support jpeg/mjpeg encoding. If your camera has a "substream" make sure is configured as "mjpeg".

Thanks - I've contacted the company to check this out.

I spoke to the company and they said it supports jpeg ....

 
brenbart
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Would this app work with any of the video doorbells? (nest, ring, skybell, etc)

I want to get a video doorbell but don't want creepy Alexa/Google home devices surveiling me all the time. <sigh> Although one wonders how different they are from carrying a smartphone around all the time.
 
ioan
Topic Author
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:57 am

brenbart wrote:
Would this app work with any of the video doorbells? (nest, ring, skybell, etc)

I want to get a video doorbell but don't want creepy Alexa/Google home devices surveiling me all the time.   <sigh>  Although one wonders how different they are from carrying a smartphone around all the time.

If the cameras provide mjpeg stream or even just a jpeg snapshot url, then yes, you can connect with the IP Camera Viewer (of course, with the snapshot url, you get low FPS).
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
 
saxaphonianism
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:36 am

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:37 am

Do you have a list of cameras this app will work with? I have not purchased cameras yet. I’m thinking about Wyze Cams. They are very inexpensive and get great reviews. Are these compatible with your Roku channel? If not, do you have any comparably cheap but highly rated cameras to recommend that work with your channel? Thank you!
 
rmcgarity
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:13 am

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:13 am

Thank you very much for creating this Roku station! I have an EasyN 1080P camera that is ONVIF and P2P compatible. I have successfully connected to it with the EasyN Android app, and the TinyCam Android app, too. But the IP Camera Viewer Pro is unable to find it automatically. If I manually provide the URL (192.168.1.43), and port 8080, login and password, it is still unable to connect to it. Do you have any suggestions?
 
ioan
Topic Author
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:57 am

rmcgarity wrote:
Thank you very much for creating this Roku station! I have an EasyN 1080P camera that is ONVIF and P2P compatible. I have successfully connected to it with the EasyN Android app, and the TinyCam Android app, too. But the IP Camera Viewer Pro is unable to find it automatically. If I manually provide the URL (192.168.1.43), and port 8080, login and password, it is still unable to connect to it. Do you have any suggestions?


You'll have to find the mjpeg or snapshot URL for your camera and enter it manually in the application. The application only supports mjpeg cameras (or just jpeg encoded streams).
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
 
RonRok
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:03 pm

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:33 pm

hello, I have an Alibi ALI-NS1014VRB camera that says it is Onvif S compliant but I can't get the ROKU Pro app to connect to it using the onvif configuration or any other settings.  I can use the VLC media player on my computer and connect using rtsp://userid:password@10.0.0.101:554/h264 and have tried setting up the ROKU app using this as the stream URL.  Am I doing something wrong or is this camera just not supported?  The app appears to be trying to connect, (wheel spins and sping), but nothing ever comes up.
 
jpcleveland
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:28 pm

Would love to see:
1. Some more grid options to show more cameras - up to 9 would be ideal.
2. Have the grid move the cameras around every minute or so to save the screen.  Some of my cameras have minimal movement.
3. The grid / multi-view in the screensaver.

Great work on this!

Just adding some context.  Got my Amcrest cameras working - I saw that these looked to be a little tougher than others from previous posts.  I'm using IP8M-2493EW.
 
edcurtis
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:28 pm

I've got my Raspberry Pi configured to stream 4 cameras.  The Pro app has been configured with the Pi IP address and it found and imported all 4 cameras.  I can stream each of these cameras individually, but when I try to use them in grid view or in the screen saver they don't show up.  The only cameras that show up there to select are ones that I add manually without going through the Pi.  Is it possible to use these Raspberry Pi cameras in the grid view?
 
ioan
Topic Author
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:37 pm

edcurtis wrote:
I've got my Raspberry Pi configured to stream 4 cameras.  The Pro app has been configured with the Pi IP address and it found and imported all 4 cameras.  I can stream each of these cameras individually, but when I try to use them in grid view or in the screen saver they don't show up.  The only cameras that show up there to select are ones that I add manually without going through the Pi.  Is it possible to use these Raspberry Pi cameras in the grid view?


Roku doesn't support playing multiple video streams, so is not possible to have grid view.
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
 
edcurtis
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:00 pm

ioan wrote:
edcurtis wrote:
I've got my Raspberry Pi configured to stream 4 cameras.  The Pro app has been configured with the Pi IP address and it found and imported all 4 cameras.  I can stream each of these cameras individually, but when I try to use them in grid view or in the screen saver they don't show up.  The only cameras that show up there to select are ones that I add manually without going through the Pi.  Is it possible to use these Raspberry Pi cameras in the grid view?


Roku doesn't support playing multiple video streams,  so is not possible to have grid view.

Then how does the Grid view work if multiple streams aren't supported?
 
ioan
Topic Author
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:04 pm

edcurtis wrote:
ioan wrote:
edcurtis wrote:
I've got my Raspberry Pi configured to stream 4 cameras.  The Pro app has been configured with the Pi IP address and it found and imported all 4 cameras.  I can stream each of these cameras individually, but when I try to use them in grid view or in the screen saver they don't show up.  The only cameras that show up there to select are ones that I add manually without going through the Pi.  Is it possible to use these Raspberry Pi cameras in the grid view?


Roku doesn't support playing multiple video streams,  so is not possible to have grid view.

Then how does the Grid view work if multiple streams aren't supported?

The grid view works with mjpeg stream (basically jpeg images pushed fast by the camera). When you are getting a video stream from the raspberry pi, that is a h264 stream and roku can only play one of those at the time.
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests